henry

valle7878

First or second rounder will most likely not happen. A player for player trade might be a better way to go about it. If we could get a second rounder I'd say go for it. However there is no way TD will let him go to the Dolphins, who don't even have a second rounder to give up anyway so that pretty much negates them.. Unless they would give us a 3 and a 4 or a five. I don't really think that TD would trade him to Miami imo. Unless they really puut a great offer on the table.

Seeing as how I view the future as now when it comes to the NFL, I'd much prefer a player even less of an athlete than Henry if he were able to contribute to this team winning next year. Draftees are fun to speculate on, but like JP theu can be highly thought of an contribute little to the team of immediate value.

If we can get a TE capable of filling the gap until Campbell or Euhus are fully recovered (this can easily be a year an half for a torn ACL), a back-up RB capable of giving Wills an occasional blow and take a game full of carries if we ever need him (I like Shaud Williams as a change-up for WM and as a 3rd down back, but I don't see the little guy taking the punishment of a game full of carries if our back-up needs be our starter) or a desinated pass rusher in the Jim Jeffcoat mode, I would easily trade Henry for this lesser player who fills an important role to make us a winner.

The MiniMi eF'ins don't have a second round pick this year.

He's more likely to go to Seattle or Cincy. IMHO.

NO one will give up more than a 2nd rounder for TH.

There are too many free agent RBs out there.

One of the most attractive things he has going for him is his dinky contract.

That will get him more attention than some others.

TD probably has an idea of what his market value is. It's not nearly is high as many here think. With E. James, Shawn Alexander and other starters out on the UFA market, the need to give up high compensation for Henry is a pipe dream.

It sure would be nice to get an actual player in return, instead of picks. Maybe another teams talented backup TE,CB,OL etc. If not, a middle round pick and maybe a conditional higher pick for 2006, based on Henrys' 2005 performance.

It sure would be nice to get an actual player in return, instead of picks. Maybe another teams talented backup TE,CB,OL etc. 

206977[/snapback]

what about jerramy stevens from SEA? 1st round pick 3 years ago who has had some off the field issues, but every time i see this guy you can't help but marvel at his raw skills.........6'7".........260......soft hands.......i think he's ready to breakout......

TD probably has an idea of what his market value is. It's not nearly is high as many here think. With E. James, Shawn Alexander and other starters out on the UFA market, the need to give up high compensation for Henry is a pipe dream.

It sure would be nice to get an actual player in return, instead of picks. Maybe another teams talented backup TE,CB,OL etc.  If not, a middle round pick and maybe a conditional higher pick for 2006, based on Henrys' 2005 performance.

206977[/snapback]

Exactly!

what about jerramy stevens from SEA? 1st round pick 3 years ago who has had some off the field issues, but every time i see this guy you can't help but marvel at his raw skills.........6'7".........260......soft hands.......i think he's ready to breakout......

206994[/snapback]

Stevens is a thug that you don't want on your team. I was amazed that Seattle was stupid enough to draft this guy in the 1st round with all hisa off the field stuff. I didn't like him on draft day 3 years ago & want nothing to do with him now.

My opinion 3 years ago : My bust board includes the player most likely to be in jail within the next 3 years, Jerramy Stevens. Any team spending a draft choice on him based on his football talents shouldn't expect him to be with the team too long unless they have a large supply of get out of jail free cards. He's nothing but a criminal who has some talent on the football field.

It sure would be nice to get an actual player in return, instead of picks. Maybe another teams talented backup TE,CB,OL etc.  If not, a middle round pick and maybe a conditional higher pick for 2006, based on Henrys' 2005 performance.

206977[/snapback]

Beside James (who will either stay with the Colts or go to Miami) & Alexander what other Quality starters are free agents?

Stevens is a thug that you don't want on your team.  I was amazed that Seattle was stupid enough to draft this guy in the 1st round with all hisa off the field stuff.  I didn't like him on draft day 3 years ago & want nothing to do with him now.

My opinion 3 years ago : My bust board includes the player most likely to be in jail within the next 3 years, Jerramy Stevens.  Any team spending a draft choice on him based on his football talents shouldn't expect him to be with the team too long unless they have a large supply of get out of jail free cards. He's nothing but a criminal who has some talent on the football field.

207000[/snapback]

well that wasn't really a stretch to call him a potential legal problem -- he was dealing with legal sh*t when he got drafted........

however, in the last year, he has kept his nose clean and may finally be wising up........once this guy gets his head on straight and focuses on football he's going to be a stud, and a stud is not easy to find at TE..........

i'd love to see the bills take a chance on the guy, but i doubt it will happen.......1) i think the hawks have invested enough in him that they're willing to wait it out and 2) TD doesn't like guys with off the field issues.......but someone mentioned potential trade ideas, and that is one that would make sense for both teams......i don't see anyone else offering suggestions, just critisism