Dwan Lives in Buffalo

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Willamsville North and Buff State graduate here.

I now live outside of Atlanta.

The weather issue is a non factor.

If you live in the south you will get used to the heat and not miss the snow and vice versa. It takes a while to get used to the heat, but you adjust just like a southerner would living in Buffalo.

The new south lacks a lot. Food here is terrible. Absolutely horrible. Chain restaurants are everywhere except for the small neighborhoods downtown. Service is slow and sloppy. There are barely any diners or decent pizza places. Waffle House is the standard for a quick bite. The best bet is to eat ethnic. There is a ton of diversity here so the oriental and Mexican food is the best bet.

To get anywhere you have to drive. You can go from North Buffalo, to Elmwood to Allentown in 15 minutes. Atlanta neighborhoods are spread out.

A lot of things are cheaper down here ... Taxes, gas, but you get what you pay for. The educational system is a joke - 48th in the country. I'd gladly pay higher taxes for better education for my child.

There is also this sentiment that college sports are better than pro. Georgia Bulldogs all day long. Very annoying. For a team as good as the Falcons, they get very little run.

And believe this ... The further away from Atlanta you go, you will run into some very country people who still think we are fighting the civil war.

I will be back in Buffalo someday.

The way I always put it to people: both WNY and NC have a 2-3 month period of weather when you're better off spending most of your time inside. Up there, it's winter. Down here, it's summer.

True, but I don't have to shovel heat! B-)

It always cracks me up how defensive Buffalonians get when anyone says anything that can possibly be construed as negative about their city... it's like they're defending their child! I've lived in 9 states (including my first 18 years in Buffalo) and there are, of course, pros and cons to all areas. Go Bills!