MNF Initial Obversations:Robert Griffin III is a famewhore

bobblehead

What was he gonna say? "This game is about ME!." I swear, some people don't understand media coverage =/= what the player wants. RG3 has to act big. He has to get interviewed every second. That's his job. The NFL wants his jersey to sell, they want larger than life players. ESPN wants interviews with big name players. They want spotlight coverage.

RG3 may enjoy the attention a little bit, but so would everyone else on the planet. A lot of humans are egomaniacs. If RG3 gets invited to a photoshoot, the Redskins org. wants him there. He's not actively searching out reporters to talk to. He needs to put up the "confidence" for his job.

Do you get paid to run the fun club or is it more of a volunteer thing?

That's what I used to think, too. Now I think he is far too full of himself. It also doesn't help that Danny Boy is now one of his close personal friends. It is all about RG III, not about the team.

Is today April 1? Is this thread some sort of attempt at "humor." Not seeing it.

From what I've seen, as well as virtually every NFL observer on the planet, RG III very rarely flaps his gums, oh like say a certain #13 in Buffalo does, and his play on the field is truly outstanding. The only thing that might slow him down is his knee, or if he sustains some other type of injury. Of course he was rusty last night, but in true form, he made no excuses after the game, and took full responsibility.

You're right. He's a colossal talent when healthy but no doubt disgustingly full of himself. His fashion photoshoot was more hilarious than Sachez's. Ever see that thing he does with his arm and wrist in his practice throws? What flare!

You would never see Luck act like that.

Maybe what we find out in due course is that he doesn't have the ideal personality to lead a team of adult professional players in the long run.

Well, he may just be all that, injury aside of course, and ESPN can definately do worse with a face for thier network, but I will add that III Definately knows when he is on TV.