Fred Jackson - Hard to sit the guy

Agreed. But between the tackles???? Spiller has never shown that ability. I would expect Hackett/Marrone to know that. And even if they didn't, it should have been apparent at halftime and triggered a change. That's what I found baffling. It wasn't working yet they kept going to it over and over.

You mean other than Spiller's 6.2 yards per carry between the tackles last year?

Honestly, I do think there's a lot to criticize about the game-calling this week, but the use of Spiller/Jackson is not one of them. They were right to use FJ often, yet to keep trying with Spiller b/c he has proven his ability to break a big run at any moment -- the exact sort of giant play which can spark a team. To my inexpert eyes, it seemed like something was off in the exchanges between EJ & CJ, but it's also very likely Spiller simply had a bad game.

If that's the case, one of the heartening things to come out of a blah loss is that Jackson looks to still be a force with which to be reckoned and one of the best back-ups/2-punches in the league, and when both are playing at top of their game it will be hard for other teams to stop.

I don't understand how this is a topic after ONE GAME. If CJ rushes for 150 yards and a TD or 2 next week this topic dries up. CJ was the more productive back last year and maybe he and the new staff need a game or two to make some tweaks to get things rolling. If we are still talking about this after 3-4 games then we have a topic with legs. Until then I will assume Hackett and CJ know how to play football.

I don't understand how this is a topic after ONE GAME. If CJ rushes for 150 yards and a TD or 2 next week this topic dries up. CJ was the more productive back last year and maybe he and the new staff need a game or two to make some tweaks to get things rolling. If we are still talking about this after 3-4 games then we have a topic with legs. Until then I will assume Hackett and CJ know how to play football.

I agree that a playing time debate regarding our two backs is premature.

As for your last sentence, I wonder if it's fair for the Bills coaches and CJ to get the benefit of a short learning curve.

Between his injury and being away from camp on family matters, is it fair to surmise that the Bills coaches and CJ are not quite on the same page?

BUF CAR YDS AVG TD LG

Spiller 16 103 6.4 0 46

Jackson 12 30 2.5 1 5

Hmmmmmph! Hard to sit Spiller with numbers like that, isn't it? If Spillers number was called he would have had that TD not Freddy. Lets stop overreacting at one games stats. The season is long gentlemen and we will need both of them to be productive and can't expect that it will be both at the same time all the time. It's called balance....some of would do well to learn it.

BUF CAR YDS AVG TD LG

Spiller 16 103 6.4 0 46

Jackson 12 30 2.5 1 5

Hmmmmmph! Hard to sit Spiller with numbers like that, isn't it? If Spillers number was called he would have had that TD not Freddy. Lets stop overreacting at one games stats. The season is long gentlemen and we will need both of them to be productive and can't expect that it will be both at the same time all the time. It's called balance....some of would do well to learn it.

So, you'd be wise to take your own words. You didn't quote anyone or mention anyone in particular, because I think most fans know that Spiller is a very good back. But, most fans know that Fred Jackson is also a very good back. Both add great ball skills to our team, why does one have to be placed above another?