[closed]Curse of the Flutie Flakes

Kirby Jackson

Does anyone else think that it's entirely possible that Doug Flutie was actually an evil troll that cast a spell on the Bills prior to the Tennessee playoff game? Think about it, he lost the starting job and then the team lost that game in a manner that is reserved for teams from WNY. That led us to a terrible year, Mike Williams in the top 5 and a 1st round trade for an over the hill Bledsoe.

I was living in Boston at the time and Drew was done. He came here and had one good year before losing to the Steelers 3rd stringers with the playoffs on the line. So we traded (to Flutie's hometown) the same thing (a 1st rounder) that we did for Rob Johnson a few years earlier. Coincidence?

After that Flutie sentenced us to a decade of horrible QB play. Another 1st rounder on a guy that looked and played like Rob (JP). Another California QB that was made of glass like Rob (Trentative) and another guy that played in Flutie's hometown (Fitz at Harvard).

Needless to say I have packed a box of Flutie Flakes that I am going to burn in effigy at RWS this morning. Here's hoping to ending the curse of the evil midget troll.