Boxing Champ Tommy Morrison Dead at 44

ChevyVanMiller

Doctors misdiagnose all the time.

• Was diagnosed as borderline mentally retarded as child and sent to special school (Wanaka for those who are locals) and within one week in school I was told it was a bad diagnosis, given an IQ test and told I had a 164 IQ).
  • Was diagnosed with epilepsy in high school and 9 years later told mistake.
  • Had leg issue with one doctor diagnosing it as 'all in my head' and another with Plantar Facitiis; later diagnose revealed a tumor the size of a golf ball. I went to doctor who said it was a mental issue, dropped copy of results and told him in front of patients and coworkers he was a quack.

Tommy Morrison did not help his case challenging the existence of the virus. He should have challenged the testing which can result in false positives repeatedly in some cases.

Doctors misdiagnose all the time.

• Was diagnosed as borderline mentally retarded as child and sent to special school (Wanaka for those who are locals) and within one week in school I was told it was a bad diagnosis, given an IQ test and told I had a 164 IQ).
  • Was diagnosed with epilepsy in high school and 9 years later told mistake.
  • Had leg issue with one doctor diagnosing it as 'all in my head' and another with Plantar Facitiis; later diagnose revealed a tumor the size of a golf ball. I went to doctor who said it was a mental issue, dropped copy of results and told him in front of patients and coworkers he was a quack.

Tommy Morrison did not help his case challenging the existence of the virus. He should have challenged the testing which can result in false positives repeatedly in some cases.

How can you misdiagnose HIV? The blood test tells whether you have it or not. If in doubt a viral load would answer the question

Edited by DDD

How can you misdiagnose HIV? The blood test tells whether you have it or not. If in doubt a viral load would answer the question

Not necessarily. Blood test can give false positives. Know someone who was tested multiple times stating he had HIV virus. When he went to 3rd testing company it gave several possible results saying test was inconclusive and gave possible secondary tests for doctor to test for. His doctor finally determined it was another issue.