Marrone

JoeF

One thing I like is that he doesn't get too high after a win or too low after a loss. His session with the media last night was factual, calm, honest....I think that will serve him well doing what's going to likely be a very long and challenging first part of the season.

Edited by JoeF

I actual thought he looked beat last night. I feel like he realized that without a decent QB, hes sunk as a coach (as are most coaches) We couldn't run our offense last night and it showed. We huddled for chrissakes!

I agree he looked physically beat -- but he didn't rely on pat answers we have heard for 13 years -- "I have to look at the tape" "Its hard to win in the NFL" "They took the sails out of our wind" -- he gave basically the same answers in the same delivery he did after a win...He's different than what the Bills have had.. Better? I am not sure yet...but definitely different.

For the first time in a long time -- I look at a Bills coach and have confidence he has the skill and the mentality to turn this crap around.

Edited by JoeF

I agree he looked physically beat -- but he didn't rely on pat answers we have heard for 13 years -- "I have to look at the tape" "Its hard to win in the NFL" "They took the sails out of our wind" -- he gave basically the same answers in the same delivery he did after a win...He's different than what the Bills have had.. Better? I am not sure yet...but definitely different.

For the first time in a long time -- I look at a Bills coach and have confidence he has the skill and the mentality to turn this crap around.

Fair enough. To me he looked upset at how his team played. Like the effort was non existent. That worried me

Marrone desperately needs EJ to step up, be a leader, and show that he can win in this league... Even with a few bumps along the way, everything will be better once quarterback is no longer a concern

I agree gmanbfan...I think we can all look with confidence that EJ has already stepped up to a degree--look how deflated the Bills have looked without him.

Fair enough. To me he looked upset at how his team played. Like the effort was non existent. That worried me

He was upset yeah-- but in the Gailey and Jauron eras would have tried to rationalize the performance with cliches...I loved the fact that in the first minute of the presser he answered Tim Graham's question something like this:

Graham basically asked if he could feel a bit better about the performance knowing that it was preseason and that the QB's only had 3 days to prepare.

Marrone basically said -- I am one of those people who believe everything is significant and some guys showed they can play and others didn't live up to the standard we have set for being a Buffalo Bill...

That's something we never would have heard in the last 7 years -- and maybe the last 13....

Edited by JoeF

I actual thought he looked beat last night. I feel like he realized that without a decent QB, hes sunk as a coach (as are most coaches) We couldn't run our offense last night and it showed. We huddled for chrissakes!

I think its OK to run a constant hurry-up, but it is OK to let the play clock tick down to even 10 every now and then. Change of pace can be just as tough on a D as fast paced

Key point of the presser came when describing he had a "responsibility to play guys & figure out what they're about & report back to Doug Whaley & Russ".

Having said that, one has to wonder if Marrone takes a different approach with guys like Gilmore, & Spiller next preseason.