Favorite announcers

Michaels/Collinsworth is one of the very few that doesn't make my want to puke so I'll give the nod to them.

For all of sports it's Sean McDonough, Jay Bilas & Bill Raftery and it's not close. Those three should do every sporting event ever.

I'm a huge Syracuse hoops fan so I hear ya' on McDonough, Bilas and Raf. Unfortunately I believe I heard on a Syracuse message board that Raf signed on to exclusively call games for the new Big East and occasional CBS games. This would mean no more of the three amigos....

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all of sports it's Sean McDonough, Jay Bilas & Bill Raftery and it's not close. Those three should do every sporting event ever.

Agreed. Do you know if they are going to continue to do as many Cuse games now that Syracuse has gone to the ACC? I hope so.

PS: Dorris Burke is pretty solid as a college bball announcer, as well.

I'm a huge Syracuse hoops fan so I hear ya' on McDonough, Bilas and Raf. Unfortunately I believe I heard on a Syracuse message board that Raf signed on to exclusively call games for the new Big East and occasional CBS games. This would mean no more of the three amigos....

:( That does suck. Raft's been doing games for CBS Part-Time for a while w/ Lundquist though, which is odd. Had the Wisconsin Sweet16 game on my DVR for a solid year.

Edited by BuffOrange

Curt Gowdy and Al DeRogatis. The Voice of the AFL.

GO BILLS!!!

You are 1/2 correct, sir. Charley Jones over Gowdy.

DeRogatis was the best I ever heard in any sport. The only guy ever who would tell you that he sees a weakness in a defense only to have the offense exploit it soon after. Often wondered if teams listened to him and reacted accordingly.

Edited by Kemp

:( That does suck. Raft's been doing games for CBS Part-Time for a while w/ Lundquist though, which is odd. Had the Wisconsin Sweet16 game on my DVR for a solid year.

I drove out to Syracuse to watch that game with some friends at Chucks, as I did for the final four game last year. obviously the Wisconsin memory was better.....But yeah. The three amigos are done: http://www.awfulanno...-in-sports.html

Edited by Bills fan since 87