question about tailgating (from a visitor)

Rockee96

Hi,

I am Bills fan living in LA and am planning on flying to Buffalo for the Chiefs game in November with my wife.

I would like to experience the tailgating at Ralph Wilson stadium, but since I dont live in the area and I'm just coming with my wife, I don't think I'll be setting up my own station and making my own food there.

I know this is a dumb question, but I was wondering - if I bring a box of beer (24-pack or something) and some chips, do you think I would be able to share that with other tailgaters, and would they be willing to let me try some of their food? I've never been tailgating before, so I was wondering if someone can give me an idea of what to expect as a visitor to the tailgating scene in Buffalo. Again, this is coming from a naive tailgater...I would appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Thomas

Hi,

I am Bills fan living in LA and am planning on flying to Buffalo for the Chiefs game in November with my wife.

I would like to experience the tailgating at Ralph Wilson stadium, but since I dont live in the area and I'm just coming with my wife, I don't think I'll be setting up my own station and making my own food there.

I know this is a dumb question, but I was wondering - if I bring a box of beer (24-pack or something) and some chips, do you think I would be able to share that with other tailgaters, and would they be willing to let me try some of their food? I've never been tailgating before, so I was wondering if someone can give me an idea of what to expect as a visitor to the tailgating scene in Buffalo. Again, this is coming from a naive tailgater...I would appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Thomas

Simplest way to get acquainted with Bills fans is to park at Hammers lot and go to find Pinto Kenny (large party at the back of the lot). There is plenty of food shared and some heaters for the cold. Bring your beer along and as you wander around you will have a chance to meet people and talk football. Don't forget to give yourself time to visit the Field House since there are some things going on there as well. If the weather is very cold, we have been going to Danny's for a brunch early (10 am) and then heading over to the Pinto for more fun.

Hi,

Thanks,

Thomas

You have to park at hammers... I do not think we are going to that game, so no Stromboli for you... You will have a very good time at hammers... When are you flying in and where are you staying.. You should do anchors for wings just because it is.. Our friends Paul and Lisa will be at hammers he has a sliver traverse he will have buffalo helmets on the roof of his car.. Stop and introduce yourselves. If you are renting a car you can swing into Wegmans and grab a sub and some salad or any other tailgate foods.. You could gt a styrofoam cooler.

Please feel free to pm me with any question .

GO BILLS

mead

If you're flying in you'll be renting a car. Just stop at a grocery store, pick up a pack of Sahlen's hot dogs, a bag of chips and some beer. Then get yourself to Hammer's Lot (outside the stadium) on Abbott Road just south of the RV lot before 8am. When you pull into the lot, ask where Pinto Kenny.s tailgate is. Be friendly, talk to a lot of folks and give your food to the guys who are cooking on a broken down old rusted red Pinto. You'll have a blast.