Amazing Race

30dive

Can anyone tell me who, (if any) got sent home on this weeks show.  Our local CBS station showed Maryland v Wake  B-Ball and pre-empted the Race to 1:35am

204069[/snapback]

You could check CBS.com...

My wife watched it and said it was a non-elimination round (again). Personally, I hate those. Waste of watching.

CW

Can anyone tell me who, (if any) got sent home on this weeks show.  Our local CBS station showed Maryland v Wake  B-Ball and pre-empted the Race to 1:35am

204069[/snapback]

No one. Hayden and Aaron came in last (just barely beat by Jonathan and Victoria), but it was a non-elimination. Rebecca and Devil-boy took the fast-forward and finished first.

You could check CBS.com...

My wife watched it and said it was a non-elimination round (again).  Personally, I hate those.  Waste of watching.

CW

204074[/snapback]

I agree!

Fezmid......DTV question.....I am a long time DTV customer, I know that laws prevent watching other markets network programing, however, if my local station keeps pre-empting network programing why the hell can't I tune into the standard network programs that I want to watch.

Presently some guy (gal) decides what I can watch. Obviously this could be a nightmare for DTV, but if DTV had let say four designated network programing only channels (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX) and when the local station pre-empts network programs we should be able to tune in the network channel. Kinda the reverse of what they do with the NFL, when the local channel shows the Bills (my choice) and the DTV 700 series channnel showing the Bills game is blocked.

Thoughts, ideas?????

Help.

Ithink this would make for a good New Topic....Trying again.

I agree!

Fezmid......DTV question.....I am a long time DTV customer, I know that laws prevent watching other markets network programing, however, if my local station keeps pre-empting network programing why the hell can't I tune into the standard network programs that I want to watch.

Won't happen because the local networks complain that they lose advertising revenue if people stop watching. That's the whole reason why you can't watch Sunday Ticket on the 700 channels if the game is shown locally. It's lame, but the local markets have power. :doh:

I bet the Amazing Race was shown at a different time. If you had a DirecTV/TiVo combo box and had a season pass setup, it probably would've recorded correctly. You have no excuse not to have a TiVo - they're cheap and WILL change your life (literally).

Another option is HD; if you live in an "Owned and Operated" area, you can get the east or west coast feeds (I think it depends on where you live):

http://www.directv.com/see/landing/abc_hd.html

http://www.directv.com/see/landing/cbs_hd.html

http://www.directv.com/see/landing/fox_hd.html

http://www.directv.com/see/landing/nbc_hd.html

But again, that's only for HD.

CW

I'm not sure TIVO would have helped him in this case. I don't think it would catch the programming update in time (if it was shown a couple of hours later that night) and if it had he would have had to ensure that it was set up to record "all occurances" rather than the default or else the TIVO would have ignored it, thinking that it just recorded that episode two hours earlier. Had something similar happen with another show once. Now I do "all occurances" of shows like Amazing Race (as they don't do repeats anyway).

I'm not sure TIVO would have helped him in this case.  I don't think it would catch the programming update in time (if it was shown a couple of hours later that night) and if it had he would have had to ensure that it was set up to record "all occurances" rather than the default or else the TIVO would have ignored it, thinking that it just recorded that episode two hours earlier.  Had something similar happen with another show once.  Now I do "all occurances" of shows like Amazing Race (as they don't do repeats anyway).

204166[/snapback]

Usually sporting events are planned ahead of time and actually DO show up in the guide. Something like an unscheduled presidential address wouldn't be caught, but a baseketball game should be.

I know this happened all the time to Firefly; it was preempted for baseball playoffs on Fox, but the TiVo never missed an episode. Same thing when our local channels air Timberwolves and Wild games and push the real programming to 1am - the TiVo still gets it.

CW

Usually sporting events are planned ahead of time and actually DO show up in the guide.  Something like an unscheduled presidential address wouldn't be caught, but a baseketball game should be.

I know this happened all the time to Firefly; it was preempted for baseball playoffs on Fox, but the TiVo never missed an episode.  Same thing when our local channels air Timberwolves and Wild games and push the real programming to 1am - the TiVo still gets it.

CW

204174[/snapback]

You're right...my brain automatically went to "Amazing Race got pre-empted because the game went long...." where the TIVO ends up recording the last hour of the game...

You're right...my brain automatically went to "Amazing Race got pre-empted because the game went long...."  where the TIVO ends up recording the last hour of the game...

204209[/snapback]

I hate that. :doh: My wife liked some show that was on Sunday after football (Cold Case, maybe?), but because the games *always* went longer than they were supposed to, it was recording the end of 60 minutes. :doh: Had to add padding to make that work.

CW

that jonathon needs to get bitten by a cobra or something! he is an idiot!

No one.  Hayden and Aaron came in last (just barely beat by Jonathan and Victoria), but it was a non-elimination.  Rebecca and Devil-boy took the fast-forward and finished first.

204081[/snapback]

I'm not sure TIVO would have helped him in this case.  I don't think it would catch the programming update in time (if it was shown a couple of hours later that night) and if it had he would have had to ensure that it was set up to record "all occurances" rather than the default or else the TIVO would have ignored it, thinking that it just recorded that episode two hours earlier.  Had something similar happen with another show once.  Now I do "all occurances" of shows like Amazing Race (as they don't do repeats anyway).

204166[/snapback]

The show was pre-empted here in Raleigh too. I don't watch it, but my wife freaked out when she saw a basketball game was on instead of her favorite show. I had to manually program Tivo to record it at 1:30 AM, just like the old VCR days!! :doh:

You just know that Jonathan and Victoria will be in it until the end...just because they piss everyone off.  But I wish someone would just punch him in the face.

204413[/snapback]

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who watches this show. It deserves the Emmy's, as to me it's far and away the best reality tv show. I'm rooting for Kris and John to win it but starting to like the wrestlers more and more each week.

I watch the show every week with my father and every week he curses Jonathan and I tell him, you know he's going to go to the final 3, using the same logic you just used. It just irks him and I laugh and while I Jonathan is as big an @$$ as this show has ever seen he doesn't bother me as much as the female model who is the only a perfecet model Ugly American.

If you want a good write up of the last episode checkout: http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/a...5112.art&page=1

I absolutely love the show! and i am not afraid to admit it.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who watches this show. It deserves the Emmy's, as to me it's far and away the best reality tv show. I'm rooting for Kris and John to win it but starting to like the wrestlers more and more each week.

If you want a good write up of the last episode checkout: http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/a...5112.art&page=1

204436[/snapback]