Dr. Z Rates NFL Commentators

theNose76

I just cannot stand whatever teams include Cross and Brent Jones. They get the mute button the most during a Bills loss.

I still don't get why people dislike Criqui and Tasker so much though.

204442[/snapback]

I think Tasker is fine, but Criqui is terrible, calling Travis's number after a) he wasn't the starting back and b) he had been carted off the field was awful, give Tasker a decent partner and he'll be fine.

I think Tasker is fine, but Criqui is terrible, calling Travis's number after a) he wasn't the starting back and b) he had been carted off the field was awful, give Tasker a decent partner and he'll be fine.

204572[/snapback]

Sometimes it's just their voice and their cadence that makes me like one broadcasting team over another. I think I like Criqui for that reason, despite the many mistakes he makes.

While I conceptually like the experiment that Fox is doing with Goose on the sidelines (as an "on-the-field color commentator") I can't stand Goose....

...and I have noticed the utter disregard that they've shown toward the action on the field this year in general.  Disgusting...Just a couple of years ago Dennis Miller was getting castigated any time he didn't pause his commentaries when the ref came on to explain a penalty.  Now they're talking over whole offensive series....("It's 3rd and 5, oh no wait, 15, I guess they must have had a penalty in there somewhere...")

204251[/snapback]

yes fox is the worst. They have horrible camera angles that noone in their right mind would want to watch a game from. It's like they brought in these idiots who hate football to direct these things. But the ultimate offense of fox is a lack of replays, CBS gives you a replay after almost every play it seems, and ABC/ESPN aren't bad about it either, but holy sh-- , fox just goes on and on with their flashy nonsense all the time.

Flashy nonsense rant: I hate that garbage where after every play the score kinda shines for a second and theres a little shiny sound to go with it. Is it really nessessary to do that. Half the time I'm about to have a damn conipshun becasue I think the flash is about to indicate a flag which was thrown, but no, that's just how they do things at fox.

Fox News, Fox sports = RJ

Here's a blast from the past of bad NFL football analysts....

Todd Christenson!

For some time now, he has been relegated to college analyst on ESPN mid week football. That guy was an expert in never shutting up without stating a single meaningful sentence! Here's hoping he never makes it back to the NFL level. :lol: