[SUW] Workplace pranks

Just Jack

Some of these are hysterical!!

When I was at Bport State I worked in the PE dept as a work study student, typing, filing and helping out on the sports fields.

There was a secretary there that I used to love to terrorize.

One day two of us glued down her typewriter, phone, pencil holder, etc.

Well, it turned out that the glue we were using which was in a generic white bottle that said 'plastic glue' turned out to be Crazy Glue. Her desk was ruined....................And the two of us were split up!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe some old timers will remember the Tree Pickle factory on Borden Rd. in Cheektowaga.

I worked there for a day and a half back in the summer of 74.

My 2nd day there I was packing pickles on the line where the pickle spears would be laying in a trough between 2 lines of people and you would put them in the jars that were moing on a belt that was in front of you. Anyway, a pickle fight broke out - pickles flying all over the place. Some old lady across from me got hit square in the forehead - she never even looked up - just kept packing pickles.

I was laughing so hard I almost pissed myself - needless to say - the foreman saw what was going on and fired the whole bunch of us on the spot.

I stunk like pickles for a week. :lol:

Maybe some old timers will remember the Tree Pickle factory on Borden Rd. in Cheektowaga.

I worked there for a day and a half back in the summer of 74.

My 2nd day there I was packing pickles on the line where the pickle spears would be laying in a trough between 2 lines of people and you would put them in the jars that were moing on a belt that was in front of you. Anyway, a pickle fight broke out - pickles flying all over the place. Some old lady across from me got hit square in the forehead - she never even looked up - just kept packing pickles.

I was laughing so hard I almost pissed myself - needless to say - the foreman saw what was going on and fired the whole bunch of us on the spot.

I stunk like pickles for a week. :lol:

204585[/snapback]

Sure do. I was in school and needed some work, so I answered an ad...they sat the collected applicants in a room and after a bit, the company folks started some sort of pickle sing-along. People actually went along with that rah-rah. I walked out. :)

N and M keys, been there done that

same with setting backgrounds as user desktops, fruity pics, etc

on a similar note, one of my coworkers has a tendancy to leave his admin account unlocked. so one day i set his screensaver to 1 minute with a scrolling marquee and a little message. A day or so later he was out at someones desk and the screensaver kicked in...with a scrolling marquee, lavendar background with pink lettering, "I'm gay and I'm proud!!!" :)

but the 2 i'm most proud of...

i set a cron job on a coworkers machine to eject and retract his cdrom every hour like a coo-coo clock:

once at 1

twice at 2

thrice at 3

noon was hilarious! :)

for an april fools prank i took a 9 volt battery and a shorted wire, which i hooked up to the metal drawers in someone's cubicle. :lol:

i set a cron job on a coworkers machine to eject and retract his cdrom every hour like a coo-coo clock:

once at 1

twice at 2

thrice at 3

noon was hilarious! :)

Excellent! I know what I'm doing next time the guy (who we wrote the "I quit!" mail for) leaves his Solaris workstation unlocked... :lol:

CW

I got an emailed phone message from Mr. Harry Lyon. So, I called the number back and the person on the receptionist picked up at the business. "Hello, Seneca Park Zoo, how can I help you."

204706[/snapback]

The classics never go out of style! :lol:

1. One time I called a newbie and told him he had to rush to the office because the auxiliary servers had gone down. (we don't have auxiliary servers :lol: )

I called him 5 minutes later and told him I was kidding while he was in a frantic rush.

2. Screensavers.

Anyone in my office who leaves their screensavers unlocked would find a scrolling message left by me. I remember I worked with a steelers fan. And I had his screensave set to say "Steelers suck" to scroll across the screen.

There was a guy Dave at work who sent a baloney sandwich to another guy Mark through the interoffice mail.  About a month later Dave went home and there was a card from the mailman saying he had a package at the post office that had postage due.  Dave went to the post office, paid the postage due, opened the package, and in it was the petrified baloney sandwich with "Eat Me!" written on it.

203100[/snapback]

OMG that is hilarious :lol:

When I was in the Navy we would find the new guys sleeping on the lower level. All you do is get a mouthful of warm water, stand above him, pull out your private part and let the water fall on to him. Great fun. But remember to run.

back when i was an undergrad and i spent one summer working as a research assistant in a certain microbio lab at UB. there was a technician there who would go out to lunch every single day and leave her car keys on her desk. she was always complaining about her memory for some reason so out of the blue one day, i came up with an idea. about a week after she picked up her new truck, everyday during lunch, i'd run down to the parking lot and move her truck from one spot to another...i'd start off real small in the beginning and move it one or 2 spaces...after a while, i'd end up moving it to another row...she never really said anything the first 2 weeks...when the summer was almost over, she mentioned that she could swear her car was moving everyday, but it was probably just her memory really going out on her...on my last day at the lab, i moved her car to the furthest spot out in the parking lot...like a bunch of idiots, the rest of the lab and I wanted to get her reaction, so we made up some excuse that we saw her truck get hit in the parking lot and she should probably check it out...looks out the window, realizes she can't see her truck where she parked it and bolts for the parking lot...we all follow her down laughing like idiots...i think a few of us got punched

YOU two are just toooo funny

Some people might not have read the other post

204537[/snapback]

Whne I was in the Coast Guard, we used to have to make announcements, called "pipes". Often we would announce for someone to report somewhere.

One time we had Navy guys on our boat doing work. There is a rating or job title for IC (cant remember what it means but its just an acronym for some specialty). Anyways, when you announce for someone to report somewhere, you give there title and then last name and report to ___. Example: I was a QM2 meaning I was a Quartermaster 2nd class. So an announcement might go, "QM2 ____ report to the galley". There are several classes you would start at QM3 go to QM2 then QM1.

Anyways, I called down to have an announcement made for "IC3 Cox to report to the Captains office". Kin of funny to hear that one go over the whole ship!