I am just going to say it, We beat NE in the opener

Yea if I was talking about betting money. I am just talking about on any given Sunday.

So on any given Sunday over the last 10 years, the Bills are 10/90 if you're doing math. Definitely not 50/50, and certainly not 50/50 for the opener by any reasonable man's standard.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We already know this.

I'm more concerned with the Ravens in week 4. It'll be hard staying undefeated against the Super Bowl Champions although the game is at The Ralph…

I think if the offence comes out to a pretty good offence, we should beat them. They lost a lot of their defence.

So on any given Sunday over the last 10 years, the Bills are 10/90 if you're doing math. Definitely not 50/50, and certainly not 50/50 for the opener by any reasonable man's standard.

Bills are actually 0-0 vs Pats this year.

Bills are actually 0-0 vs Pats this year.

tough argument. would you accept "byrd has zero probowls for the 2013 season" in the other thread?

they have history, and they have current rosters. two possible outcomes doesnt equate to two equally likely outcomes.

Edited by NoSaint

Yea b.c that is the truth Byrd hasn't won a pro bowl in 2013...

Thing is this thread is talking about the future and Byrd's thread is about what he did in the past.

Also the Bills roster is very different which resets the odds for us. If I was betting money then I would look at the spread but this is not that case. 50/50 baby all the way. Actually I am wrong since you could tie the game but oh well.

Edited by EJ3

Yea b.c that is the truth Byrd hasn't won a pro bowl in 2013...

Thing is this thread is talking about the future and Byrd's thread is about what he did in the past.

Also the Bills roster is very different which resets the odds for us. If I was betting money then I would look at the spread but this is not that case. 50/50 baby all the way. Actually I am wrong since you could tie the game but oh well.

Translation: "The pats are more likely to win but i dont care"

otherwise, looking at the existence of any spread, yet alone a large one, should have you sprinting to bet, if you think its 50-50

otherwise, looking at the existence of any spread, yet alone a large one, should have you sprinting to bet, if you think its 50-50

50/50 :) Can't change it on any given Sunday.

I absolutely love the 50/50 thing it makes people go NuTS.

Edited by EJ3

well, i'm fine being the underdog. and as far as betting goes, 1 dollar is my limit, odds be damned!

tough argument. would you accept "byrd has zero probowls for the 2013 season" in the other thread?

they have history, and they have current rosters. two possible outcomes doesnt equate to two equally likely outcomes.

Basic statistics. Can't really beat that.

i am a bills fan, i ain't seen reasonable in freakin' ages.

Don't disagree at all. I'm optimistic, just not "I'm with stupid" optimistic.

last time we beat New England in the opener they went on to win something crazy like 30 games straight with two trips to the superbowl...if memory serves.

Love the optimism though. News broke today that Gronk will start the season on the PUP list and hernandez may have been involved in a murder plus the loss of welker, branch...I like our chances IF we can manage to put points on the board which is a big question mark.

last time we beat New England in the opener they went on to win something crazy like 30 games straight with two trips to the superbowl...if memory serves.

Love the optimism though. News broke today that Gronk will start the season on the PUP list and hernandez may have been involved in a murder plus the loss of welker, branch...I like our chances IF we can manage to put points on the board which is a big question mark.

We beat the Patriots in the opening game of the season in 2003 (provided you're not talking about the home opener) and went on to a 6-10 season. The longest regular season win streak is by the Colts in 2008-2009 and is only 23 games. Not sure what you're thinking of, but just thought I would give you heads up. I actually don't recall a significant run like that. Last two home openers I remember with the Pats was 94 and 96 and neither went very long before taking a loss.

We beat the Patriots in the opening game of the season in 2003 (provided you're not talking about the home opener) and went on to a 6-10 season. The longest regular season win streak is by the Colts in 2008-2009 and is only 23 games. Not sure what you're thinking of, but just thought I would give you heads up. I actually don't recall a significant run like that. Last two home openers I remember with the Pats was 94 and 96 and neither went very long before taking a loss.

My memory served me wrong. Thanks for the correction

The 2003-2004 Patriots have the longest winning streak over the course of two seasons including playoffs. That is 21 games in a row. - This is what I was referring to

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Which_NFL_team_has_the_record_for_the_longest_winning_streak

Don't disagree at all. I'm optimistic, just not "I'm with stupid" optimistic.

the way i see it, just about anything in the nfl is possible. probable? no, but possible. so with it being possible that my team can punch their rival and bully of the afc east right in the mouth, i will continue to hope. it will happen someday, and there is no reason why that day can't come sooner rather than later. there are enough people out there who will tell you why it won't happen, i'd rather explain why it could happen. and if we start talking about karma, then i could explain why it should happen.

I'll laugh my way all the way home tonight on this comment. The Patriots are a 7.5 point favorite right now. That is FAR from a 50-50 shot. As another poster said as well, they've won 2 games in 10 years against this team. It sucks, but it's true. I hope they win ALA the Drew Bledsoe debut way back when, but I wouldn't bet on it. If anyone truly believes that it's a 50-50 shot, then you should be taking the Bills straight up in Vegas with some coin on it. Not me.

There was a film years and years ago about motocross racing.

It was called On any Sunday.

Meant of course that any one could actually win and even though winners are predicted favorites some one could come from out of nowhere and rule the particular day.

Being only 2 options to win the game it's a 50 50 shot.

Go Bills !

Edited by 3rdand12