Colts vs Falcons in the Super Bowl

marck

I completly believe that this years Super Bowl will match the Colts and the Falcons. Not because of the play on the field, but the desire of the NFL to have this match-up.

With all the negative publicity the league has seen since last year's "wardrobe malfunction", the NFL has gone on a new pace to curb the negative image its network broadcasting partners have set-up for them.

I see the league trying to get its two glamour players, Payton Manning and Michael Vick in their showcase game.

It is for this reason that I say that the Patriots have no chance this week and if the outcome is in doubt look for the officals to make some call or calls that affect the outcome of the game.

I feel the same thing for any game the Falcons play on the way to the Super Bowl.

It's just the way that I see the NFL going. Its going to be Payton vs Michael in a game the NFL wants their viewing public to see.

Comments anyone?

I completly believe that this years Super Bowl will match the Colts and the Falcons.  Not because of the play on the field, but the desire of the NFL to have this match-up.

With all the negative publicity the league has seen since last year's "wardrobe malfunction", the NFL has gone on a new pace to curb the negative image its network broadcasting partners have set-up for them.

I see the league trying to get its two glamour players, Payton Manning and Michael Vick in their showcase game.

It is for this reason that I say that the Patriots have no chance this week and if the outcome is in doubt look for the officals to make some call or calls that affect the outcome of the game.

I feel the same thing for any game the Falcons play on the way to the Super Bowl. 

It's just the way that I see the NFL going.  Its going to be Payton vs Michael in a game the NFL wants their viewing public to see.

Comments anyone?

202007[/snapback]

If the NFL wanted certian matchps...it would have been Philly and not Carolina last year. Philly is a bigger market...McNabb one of the leagues biggest stars...so your theory to me is stevestojan.

I completly believe that this years Super Bowl will match the Colts and the Falcons.  Not because of the play on the field, but the desire of the NFL to have this match-up.

It's just the way that I see the NFL going.  Its going to be Payton vs Michael in a game the NFL wants their viewing public to see.

Comments anyone?

202007[/snapback]

You sound like one of those conspiracy lovers. You probably believe that O.J. was framed and that the Israeli's were behind the Sept. 11 attacks.

Anyway...too many people are involved in an NFL game much less the playoffs. You really can't "fix" a game without someone blowing the cover or some media organization uncovering a plot which would probably destroy the league......so it would never happen!!! Jesus, you think anyone outside of Buffalo wanted the Bills in there 4 straight years?!?!? As for Colts/Falcons? it's a matchup alot of people would like to see so I'm all for it.

Comments anyone?

202007[/snapback]

I think your incorrect about some of this. This is not a popularity contest. The two teams that play the best football from their conferences will go to the super bowl. I happen to think it's going to be New England.

I also had thoughts of various conspiracy theories determining the season and ultimately the SB until the mother of my god-daughter raised a question that put all these conspiracy theories to rest for me.

If its fixed why aren't the outcomes and the games more interesting?

I realized at that point that she was right. If this was pre-determined in some pro-wrestling kind of way, people wouldn't even suggest that the playoff match-ups be seeded in some BCS kind of way to get better games.

If this was all fixed the NFL could do a lot better than this.

I also had thoughts of various conspiracy theories determining the season and ultimately the SB until the mother of my god-daughter raised a question that put all these conspiracy theories to rest for me.

If its fixed why aren't the outcomes and the games more interesting?

I realized at that point that she was right.  If this was pre-determined in some pro-wrestling kind of way, people wouldn't even suggest that the playoff match-ups be seeded in some BCS kind of way to get better games.

If this was all fixed the NFL could do a lot better than this.

202229[/snapback]

I disagree completely. The NFL has mastered the art of exciting football games. Look at last years playoffs and the beginning of this years. With the exception of a couple 'blowouts', EVERY game comes down to the fourth quarter, last drive, hell even overtime. They keep it close with a lot of delays in the game, timely penalty calls (not obvious ones, but a hold here and there early in the game). Look at last years Superbowl. It should not have even been a close game. New England was dominating. How did it end? game winning field goal. It packs the stands, everybody seems to love it, and judging by the responses from most of you, they have true football fans fooled as well. I just calls 'em like I sees 'em.