From ESPN Insider

ROCCEO

Name Position Ht/Wt. School Grade(scouts inc.)

Elton Brown OG 6'4" 338 VIRGINIA 91

David Baas OG 6'4" 311 MICHIGAN 85 (thats the guy on my avatar)

Vince Carter OC 6'2" 280 OKLAHOMA 81

Claude Terrell OG 6'2" 341 NEW MEXICO 79

heres the link to the complete prospect list

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft05/...r/rankedPlayers

I think David Baas is a real possibility

201789[/snapback]

I concur, especially if you look at how guards have been drafted in the last few drafts, Steinbach was one of the best guard prospects in a while but he didnt go until the 1st pick of the 2nd round in '03.

Plus, Michigan lineman have a very good track record of success in the pros(Hutchinson, Jon Janson, Jeff Backus, Maurice Williams, Jon Runyan etc.)

I concur, especially if you look at how guards have been drafted in the last few drafts, Steinbach was one of the best guard prospects in a while but he didnt go until the 1st pick of the 2nd round in '03.

Plus, Michigan lineman have a very good track record of success in the pros(Hutchinson, Jon Janson, Jeff Backus, Maurice Williams, Jon Runyan etc.)

201794[/snapback]

He would also feel a real need for us....

I like Tucker....but I think because of his smarts and nastyness he would be an even better center. And he has some weight to him.....

I would like to see every linemen up their over 300 pounds and agile....

From the Dec. 31 L.A. Times

The Wolverines' most unselfish player stands 6 feet 5 and weighs 307 pounds. You'd think it would be difficult to move him.

Yet all Coach Lloyd Carr had to do was ask and David Baas went from left guard, where he had started 30 games, to center, where he had started none.

"It was a very unselfish move on his part because it forced him out of a position where he was very comfortable and had established himself as a two-time All-Big Ten player, so it says a lot about him that he did it anyway," Carr said.

The move was made before the start of conference play, in hopes of improving a struggling run game, which during the nonconference schedule averaged only 106 yards a game.

In the last eight games, with Baas at center, the Wolverines have averaged 174.9 yards and that success has helped open a passing attack led by freshman quarterback Chad Henne.

The switch also is expected to improve Baas' stock in the eyes of pro scouts. The team that drafts the fifth-year senior — a finalist for the Outland Trophy, awarded to the nation's top interior lineman — will have a player proven capable at two key positions.

Asked Thursday how he had responded to Carr's request, Baas said he had been happy to oblige.

"That's what my team needed and I moved in there and kept working at it and getting better every single week," he said. "I didn't have any problem with it."

Baas at C and move Teague to LT?

From the Dec. 31 L.A. Times

The Wolverines' most unselfish player stands 6 feet 5 and weighs 307 pounds. You'd think it would be difficult to move him.

Yet all Coach Lloyd Carr had to do was ask and David Baas went from left guard, where he had started 30 games, to center, where he had started none.

"It was a very unselfish move on his part because it forced him out of a position where he was very comfortable and had established himself as a two-time All-Big Ten player, so it says a lot about him that he did it anyway," Carr said.

The move was made before the start of conference play, in hopes of improving a struggling run game, which during the nonconference schedule averaged only 106 yards a game.

In the last eight games, with Baas at center, the Wolverines have averaged 174.9 yards and that success has helped open a passing attack led by freshman quarterback Chad Henne.

The switch also is expected to improve Baas' stock in the eyes of pro scouts. The team that drafts the fifth-year senior — a finalist for the Outland Trophy, awarded to the nation's top interior lineman — will have a player proven capable at two key positions.

Asked Thursday how he had responded to Carr's request, Baas said he had been happy to oblige.

"That's what my team needed and I moved in there and kept working at it and getting better every single week," he said. "I didn't have any problem with it."

202084[/snapback]