Full Color Football: The History of the AFL

Being a "lurker" here on TBD, I often check out provided links by members but I don't like to clutter a thread with a "thank you" from my lame ass, but in this case, really, "thank you". I will finish these up when I have the time. All are bookmarked and ready to go.

I just dig watching the old films in general. I know a great deal of these videos I have most likely seen but it doesn't matter. Hell, I was born in '65 and for some reason, I still get goose-bumps watching Jim Brown just seemingly running angrily downhill on each and every carry.

Thanks again.

MM

This was an awesome post. Thank You!

You're quite welcome. These are too good not to share.

Being a "lurker" here on TBD, I often check out provided links by members but I don't like to clutter a thread with a "thank you" from my lame ass, but in this case, really, "thank you". I will finish these up when I have the time. All are bookmarked and ready to go.

I just dig watching the old films in general. I know a great deal of these videos I have most likely seen but it doesn't matter. Hell, I was born in '65 and for some reason, I still get goose-bumps watching Jim Brown just seemingly running angrily downhill on each and every carry.

Thanks again.

MM

You're welcome. Good to have you out of the shadows. Enjoy. :thumbsup:

All five of the Full Episodes are available on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgsAdf1RcdU

I just started watching the first episode.

This is as good as any work NFL Films has ever done and is certainly the most eloquent statement made for it's preservation. Since the advent of The NFL Network, more and more resources have been poured into that part of the business and the NFL has cut budget and employment at NFL Films.

Many believe that there is a hidden agenda within the NFL to kill NFL Films because it's what they call "dinosaur television." The evidence is quite substantial that The NFL Network was created in part to extinct NFL Films. It just goes to show how dysfunctional our society is that people are more likely to watch Warren Sapp than they are a Ken Burns-caliber documentary.

Anyways priceless stuff and thanks very much for posting.

I just started watching the first episode.

This is as good as any work NFL Films has ever done and is certainly the most eloquent statement made for it's preservation. Since the advent of The NFL Network, more and more resources have been poured into that part of the business and the NFL has cut budget and employment at NFL Films.

Many believe that there is a hidden agenda within the NFL to kill NFL Films because it's what they call "dinosaur television." The evidence is quite substantial that The NFL Network was created in part to extinct NFL Films. It just goes to show how dysfunctional our society is that people are more likely to watch Warren Sapp than they are a Ken Burns-caliber documentary.

Anyways priceless stuff and thanks very much for posting.

You're welcome and enjoy the series my friend. It's very well done indeed. As further evidence in your comparison and contrast of NFL Films vs NFL Network, look at this series vs The Top 100 that is currently running.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

As further evidence in your comparison and and contrast of NFL Films vs NFL Network, look at this series vs The Top 100 that is currently running.

And that is the sad and succinct statement of the way things are today.

It goes back to the reality that pandering to the lowest common denominator means that you are reducing the "brain quality" of the product.

In a sports context, targeting the casual fan (i.e.- unscientific Top 100 lists) necessarily punishes the knowledgeable fan.

But to focus on the positive, I now have several hours of very high-quality programming to look forward to.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What an era of football, thanks so much for posting.

No problem...Enjoy!

Thanks. Saw enough to know I will want copies and I love Firefox plug-in to download from Google.

You're welcome...Thanks for the idea on the Firefox plugin.