In a OL heavy draft why no OL?

Hey, i could be all wrong about the current O line talent on the roster, no question about it. The offense might actually become better under an ex NFL O linemen in Doug Marrone then it was under Chan Gailey. I don't claim to be a scout of any sort and am certainly not a GM.

I just go by what my eyes tell me, and my eyes tell me that Gailey managed to field a team with an acceptable O line mainly because of his QB and the schemes he ran. That QB is now gone, and so is the starting left OG that played well since his rookie year in 2009, and was never injured, is now also gone.

Starting RT Erik Pears, back up RT Chris Hairston and C Eric Wood all appear to be somewhat injury prone. Hairston has never played a full season and neither has the best player on that line in C Eric Wood. Which to me, the latter is very disconcerting because in his four years he has never finished a season.The reason I find it so disconcerting is because that line plays so much worse after Wood goes down ever year.

Like I've stated in other posts my idea of building a proper offense starts with the line, and I firmly believe you can't win games in this league with a sub par O line. Not with cast offs from the waiver wire, and injury prone players. Band-aids don't work, and they never will!

I look at the 49ers and how they built that line with Three, 1st rounders, and 2 second rounders in 2009. Lost a starting center in 2010 and picked up a 10 year vet, a pro bowler to replace him. Lost a starting right OG and replaced him with a LT. Lost that LT / OG and replaced him with a 3 year player OG that was second team all-NFL last season.

I like the Buffalo Bills and want them to win games, win the division, win the SB. If this franchise had put as much effort and player talent into the O line as they have the defensive backfield the last 13 years. 30+ DB's drafted,and even more players in and out like a revolving door for that line. I feel they would have given the QB's better protection and would have had an chance at least field a team with a winning record.

Enough said. There are opinions and then there are educated opinions. I'll trust the actual scouts and GM...and I'll throw in the coaching staff too.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why:

Player Position Height Weight Age Experience
Colin Brown C 6'7 326 27 2 years
Ryan Turnley C 6'3 320 23 Rookie
Eric BalsaWood C 6'4 310 27 4 years
Zack Chibane G 6'5 293 22 Rookie
Kraig Urbik G 6'5 324 27 4 years
Keith Williams G 6'5 330 25 1 year
Chris Hairston LT 6'6 330 24 2 years
Hutch Eckerson OL 6'6 310 25 1
Zebrie Sanders OL 6'6 318 23 R
Chris Scott OL 6'4 320 25 2 years
David Snow OL 6'4 305 23 R
Cordy Glenn OT 6'5 343 23 R
Thomas Welch OT 6'6 300 25 1 year
Erik Pears RT 316 30 7 years
Sam Young RT 316 25 3 years

Nanker, thanks! some names on that list I wasn't even aware of. Eric Balsawood? So is he more fragile :w00t: than Eric Wood?