Bryant McKinnie and Winfield

Frez

point?

mckinnie has been a sad sack underachiever for 3 years, and now he has one game and all of a sudden the bills made a mistake in not picking him? Pffft.

i still think twan is the best tackling DB in the league and he was a real loss, but he wanted the major SB and that would have been hard for the bills to match.

point?

mckinnie has been a sad sack underachiever for 3 years, and now he has one game and all of a sudden the bills made a mistake in not picking him? Pffft.

i still think twan is the best tackling DB in the league and he was a real loss, but he wanted the major SB and that would have been hard for the bills to match.

199692[/snapback]

Will see how big Mike does this off season. Let's hope he stays away from Burger King.

Will see how big Mike does this off season. Let's hope he stays away from Burger King.

199835[/snapback]

Its time to stop ragging on Mike he has worked hard, improved each game with excellent coaching. He is going to be a very good Buffalo Bill.......

Its time to stop ragging on Mike he has worked hard, improved  each game with excellent coaching. He is going to be a very good Buffalo Bill.......

199855[/snapback]

Exactly.

Perhaps the OP missed the part where the announcers said Tice had to lay into BM this week and told him that he better start playing well. He's been terrible this season.

Winfield? Well, would've been great to keep him, but he's not worth the money the Vikes paid, especially on Buffalo's team.

CW

Its time to stop ragging on Mike he has worked hard, improved  each game with excellent coaching. He is going to be a very good Buffalo Bill.......

199855[/snapback]

I'll stop ragging on big Mike when he finally comes to camp in shape and ready to play.

I am going to hold you to your word and remind you when you dont..... :lol:

199873[/snapback]

Mill baby, I love the guy. But I don't like it when he comes to camp at 400 plus pounds. That shows me he don't give a rats ass. I hope he can change!

Mill baby, I love the guy. But I don't like it when he comes to camp at 400 plus pounds. That shows me he don't give a rats ass. I hope he can change!

199876[/snapback]

All last years off season showed about Mike was that he is human, pryor to this past off season , while Mike was always heavy it was because of his own decision he felt that he played better heavy, he has always been known as a character player , a hard worker in the weight room and a good person. With the help of his team-mates, his friends , his coaches , and more importantly himself he got past his difficulty continually improving all season long,and yes there is a long ways to go before he shows value of a first rond pick. I for one am most pleased to have a Mike Williams as a Buffalo Bill and I submit to you so will you nay sayers in the coming years , with Mike making holes for one ot the NFL top backs MIke is going to show his worth. People come before football I am most pleased he has improved as Bill but more pleased that apparently he is getting it together as Mike Williams the person..... I have argued about him all year with you folks and will continue to , I believe he will be a very good Buffalo Bill one day soon.

Let's wax poetic about a bigger underachiever at tackle, and a good tackling CB, who's got below average cover ability.

But let's consider the possibility that we kept Winfield. We then wouldn't have enough cap space to keep a more polished CB in Clements and you'd have another year of Prioleau & Reese splitting FS duties.

The grass is not always greener.

Boy, are these guys overpaid or what? I'm glad they are not on our team.

(sarcasm off) :lol:

199687[/snapback]

Do you really believe difference between the Bills being in the playoffs is our cornerback and our right tackle? Last time I looked, neither played QB.

Losing Winfield was a loss but McGee played well and he seems to have a ton of upside. We just could not keep him at that cap number. Those of the type of decisions that Butler made (see Rueben Brown) and set the franchise back. Besides, if we kept Winfield, then we would not have signed Vincent. Of course, that would mean Baker, Prioleau, or Reese would be our free safety (unless you are going to move Winfield to safety).

McKinnie has been up and down just like Williams (and many young linemen). The jury is still out on that one.

I'll stop ragging on big Mike when he finally comes to camp in shape and ready to play.

199870[/snapback]

Screw how a guy plays during the season, it's how he looks on the first day of camp that really matters.

A below average cover guy, are you serious? When he was here barring ints. i think he covered as well if not better than nate, and a good tackler, try great what cb can you think of that ever tackled better than AW, i bet its a short list!

201039[/snapback]

I must disagree. Winfield was a GREAT open field tackler, but he was never a great cover corner. One of the reasons he had so many tackles is that they threw to his coverage so often. The best sign of an effective CB is number of passes thrown their way. Clements may have made some BAD mistakes, but they were made by him trying to be aggressive. I'll take a turnover making CB over a great tackling CB ANYTIME.

I must disagree. Winfield was a GREAT open field tackler, but he was never a great cover corner. One of the reasons he had so many tackles is that they threw to his coverage so often. The best sign of an effective CB is number of passes thrown their way. Clements may have made some BAD mistakes, but they were made by him trying to be aggressive. I'll take a turnover making CB over a great tackling CB ANYTIME.

201047[/snapback]

This simply is not true. When AW and NC lined up on the same field together, they threw at Nate more often than not. I've never been a big fan of Clements, he was absolutely horrible last year...but I'll give him this, he was very very good this year. He became the type of player the Bills had always hoped....but don't act like he was that player in previous seasons, he wasn't.