Have any of you seen the movie...

njsue

I like robert Di nero he is just too darn funny. Saw him in analyze that with billy crystal LMAO.

Going to a friends house in hagerstown md next weekend. Decideing on either ocean12 or meet the fockers.

If any of you critics have seen either of these. What is your opinion?

Go bills in 2005 :)

I have not seen ocean's 11. But, do know that it is about the famous rat pack.

Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Joey Bishop & Sammy Davis, jr.

199464[/snapback]

The one you mention, from the '60's, was good. I don't know about the "11" remake.

The "12" one out now got kinda panned by the critics.

Sorry to say, the Fockers sequel hasn't got much positive review that I've seen.

The local newspaper flack gave Ocean's "12" 5 out of 10 and Meet the Fockers a 6 - but you never know.

"Finding Neverland" with Jonnie Depp is pretty good. "Sideways" is excellent.

Liked Ocean's 11 a lot (the one with Clooney, Pitt, etc.-- never saw the original). I thought Ocean's 12 was a disappointment. It's not terrible, but I didn't think it was very good.

Liked Meet the Parents, want to see Meet the Focker's but have not yet.

I have not seen ocean's 11. But, do know that it is about the famous rat pack.

Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Joey Bishop & Sammy Davis, jr.

199464[/snapback]

actually, "ocean's eleven" (the new one) was a remake of "ocean's 11" (the original) which starred the rat pack, wasn't about them. the new one was, i thought, a really good movie if taken by itself and not compared to the original.

the fact that they demolished the original's ending and went "hollywood" was typical of today's films. the original's ending was one of the best and most clever and comical endings of all time. i'm not gonna spoil it so if you haven't seen it, you gotta go rent it.

Ocean's 12 wasn't bad at all. It's not a serious film or even really a crime caper movie. The flick cleary doesn't take itself seriously, and it's actually pretty charming and fun.

Meet the Fockers, on the other hand, is okay - but, like the original, still way too "sitcom"-ish. Also, like the original, the ending feels incredibly forced.

Saw the Fockers today (after the Colts went up 14-0) & thought it was funny but not as good as the 1st one......

Dustin Hoffman and Barbra Streisand were however great.

Movies like "Meet the Fockers" is why my wife and I are hard pressed to find one movie per year we want to see.  Watched Key Largo on TV today.  Now that's a good movie.  Whatever happened to Hollywood?

199798[/snapback]

Rent "My Fair Lady" - Rex Harrison, Audrey Hepburn, Stanley Holloway, Theodore Bikel etc - in 1964, won 8 Oscars. Absolute best dialogue, music, costumes ever.