Question for Anyone Who Trolls Other Boards . . .

Ennjay

Is that right? To be fair Barkley and Landry Jones were highly coveted throughout the years. Folks were talking about how they couldn't wait to get their hands on Wilson from Arkansas when I was barking for Mallett to be drafted by Buffalo.

In hindsight the next class always looks better. Unless you are Andre Woodson or Javon Snead. Guys who were highly talked about and folks couldn't wait until their draft year. Then their draft comes around and what happened?

You can not always assume next years class will be better. Just like the guys I mentioned above were highly touted and fell off, the same can happen with Bridgewater and Johnny Football.

i.e. just as an example what if this played out

Bridgewater- Decided to return for his senior year with Louisville. Thus, there goes the class's top QB.

Johnny Football- Not fully invested in becoming the best. A lot of Matt Leinart here. A kid who is more concerned with the after party than the game it self. JOhnny has shown some of that mentality early in his career. I mean the kid is already picking fights with graduate assistants over a silly spring practice INT. Plus being 6'1" is not going to help.

Tajh Boyd- Well no one was talking about this guy before the LSU game. Now, the bar is high and the 6'1" Boyd leaves scouts wanting more. Doesn't display great touch/accuracy on deep to intermediate routes. Not as elusive as Manziel or Russell Wilson so his height will be a factor...

Now, I am not saying any of that is true or that is what I think about those guys. I am just making a point of what can happen to next years class. The same way those things have happened to other players in the past. More notable and topical are what we are seeing with Barkley and Landry Jones.

Thank you for writing all that so I didn't have too. Not drafting QBs is what got us in this mess.

The Bills should draft a QB at 8 this year, and if he doesn't work out, go back to the well again next year in the 1st-round. Keep doing it until you get it right. QB is too important not to have a good one.

The Bills may indeed commit to a bad QB for 3+ years, but that would be due to their own buffoonery, not to today's market realities.

This was my original point (in bold), but I disagree with taking a QB at 8 because the BPA at 8 won't be a QB. They can get adequate QB value for this draft at 41, or even -- if I dream -- in the 20's if they can work a deal with Minnesota.

Edited by Ennjay

This was my original point (in bold), but I disagree with taking a QB at 8 because the BPA at 8 won't be a QB. They can get adequate QB value for this draft at 41, or even -- if I dream -- in the 20's if they can work a deal with Minnesota.

If you're worried about getting value with this position, don't. The value of a good QB is off the charts compared to other positions. Basically, if you think someone will be a good QB, he's worth the pick at 8.

I agree. Next year's QB class will be superior to this one. BILLS will then have an average QB not a franchise difference maker. I see this team being middle of the pack until they realize they need to get a superior QB talent,

And what if we go 6-10 again but pick say 10th or 11th? No way in hell will we be able to get one of those guys you all are clamoring for. And let me point out something else, MOST of you would have jumped at the chance to get Matt Barkley had he come out last year. But because USC had a down year and he got hurt, now he has this weak arm, can't make the throws in Buffalo BS going on from fans.

Lets just be honest ok. 98% of you just go with whatever the talking heads in the media have to say. If they say this class sucks then by God it sucks!!! if they say Geno is God then by Geno we have to take him or the franchise is dooomed. NONE of them said Wilson was going to be what he was Capernick either when he came out. NONE said Brady was going to be worth a damn, so the reality is none of them know ****, they are just guessing.