Possible QB solution

rolly

Why not, Kelly Holcomb??

Kelly Holcomb stats

He is going to be a free agent and he has put up decent numbers for a weak cleveland offense over the last few years. IMO, he is an upgrade from Bledsoe.

I think we should cut bledsoe, pick up holcomb and give Losman a full, hopefully healthy year to develop as the #2 QB. Holcomb is an eight year veteran with some decent experience. Also, I think he would be relatively cheap which is always nice.

Why not, Kelly Holcomb??

Kelly Holcomb stats

He is going to be a free agent and he has put up decent numbers for a weak cleveland offense over the last few years. IMO, he is an upgrade from Bledsoe.

I think we should cut bledsoe, pick up holcomb and give Losman a full, hopefully healthy year to develop as the #2 QB. Holcomb is an eight year veteran with some decent experience. Also, I think he would be relatively cheap which is always nice.

198964[/snapback]

My initial reaction is "no." This guy couldn't beat out Tim Couch for the starters job. Quoting stats is also voodoo football. I want a QB with some history of leadership and getting it done.

PTR

My initial reaction is "no."  This guy couldn't beat out Tim Couch for the starters job.  Quoting stats is also voodoo football.  I want a QB with some history of leadership and getting it done.

PTR

198970[/snapback]

Well, our options are limited when it comes to what you speak of. This is the wrong year to be in need of a proven, veteran QB.

And please don't tell me Warner is the answer. I thought about it, then I came to realize that he is just like bledsoe. The St. Louis offense with the line and receivers they have would make rob johnson look good.

Well, our options are limited when it comes to what you speak of. This is the wrong year to be in need of a proven, veteran QB.

And please don't tell me Warner is the answer. I thought about it, then I came to realize that he is just like bledsoe. The St. Louis offense with the line and receivers they have would make rob johnson look good.

198975[/snapback]

Warner? Ugh, no freakin' way. Don't we already have one washed-up veteran on this team? I understand the supermarket he used to work at has saved his old job for him.

Actually, If Garcia get's tossed from CLE, I'd invite him to camp. Kitna just resigned a one-year deal with CIN, but maybe a low draft pick could pry him loose. But you're right. Pickin's are slim at QB this year.

PTR

Holcomb is a journeyman QB who might do well along the lines of Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox for one season but of course both Stewart and Maddox were high draft picks whereas Holcomb was never drafted in the NFL. Say what you will but I always feel that talent should always come to the top. That said one thing I like in looking at Holcome is his completion percentage. Two things is he's never been a full time NFL starter and has thrown more INTs then TDs for his career. So he might be a step above Shane Matthews but there are questions how much better he is then Bledsoe. I've heard that Bledsoe is expected to count about $6 mil against the cap next year if we keep him and if cut would cost $4 mil against the cap, the question is could Holcomb be signed for less then $2 mil a season?

What about Jeff Garcia? The Bills are going to try to mold this offense to fit the skill set of J.P Losman. Garcia has similar skill to Losman ( Mobility...throws better on the run..etc..not as strong as of an arm Losman but still..)....it would seem that if they spend all offseason trying to build this offense around Losman...and then he ISN'T ready...having Garcia in there would be a smooth transition. Say what you want to about Garcia..the guy is tough as nails......and could be available for the Bills if the rumors are true about his fall out with the browns.

My initial reaction is "no."  This guy couldn't beat out Tim Couch for the starters job.  Quoting stats is also voodoo football.  I want a QB with some history of leadership and getting it done.

PTR

198970[/snapback]

That's not entirely true. The Browns' brass wouldn't give the job to Holcomb because Couch was the big money draft pick. At virtually every turn, Holcomb has outplayed every QB on the Browns' roster. They simply won't put their egos aside and give him the job because he doesn't have the pedigree.

The reason to avoid him (if there is one) is his history of injury. Of course, there aren't many QBs that wouldn't be in that boat playing behind the train wreck that is Cleveland's OLine.

If Matt Hasselbeck is a free agent next season I'd love to see him in a Bills uni. Despite the loss today he looked like everything we need and more. Very sad he doesnt have a decent reciever too go too.