Who will be our starting QB on opening day?

109 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be our starting QB on opening day?

• Kevin Kolb
    • Tarvaris Jackson
    • Aaron Corp
    • The Rookie

Just out of curiosity, why did anyone vote for Corp? Given his unspectacular college career, it's hard to imagine Aaron beating out Kolb, Jackson, and a drafted rookie.

Maybe somebody sees or knows something the rest of us don't. Or maybe somebody's just being contrary.

Personally, I think Jackson will give Kolb a run for his money but Kolb will prevail in the end - if he stays healthy.

Though I wouldn't be completely shocked, given what happened last year in the NFL, if Marrone gambled with a rookie under center.

Just out of curiosity, why did anyone vote for Corp? Given his unspectacular college career, it's hard to imagine Aaron beating out Kolb, Jackson, and a drafted rookie.

Maybe somebody sees or knows something the rest of us don't. Or maybe somebody's just being contrary.

Personally, I think Jackson will give Kolb a run for his money but Kolb will prevail in the end - if he stays healthy.

Though I wouldn't be completely shocked, given what happened last year in the NFL, if Marrone gambled with a rookie under center.

At least one of the votes was so he wasn't the fat chick in gym class as stated earlier in the thread.

Marrone will go with whomever gives him the best chance to win. Week 1 that's Kolb. Maybe the better question is, what week will he switch to the Rookie? I predict the week after the bye, so long as the bye is in the first eight games. Otherwise Week 9.

I kind of think TJax will earn the starting job during pre-season, and then he'll be mediocre during the regular season, and our bust of a rookie (yup, calling him a bust already!) will come in and suck too. :D

(Simply put, I'm not super confident in our options at QB, I think it all shakes out to be effectively the same as Fitz... we'll probably have a draft or two more until we get the right guy if we really focus on it)

Edited by Dorkington

I kind of think TJax will earn the starting job during pre-season, and then he'll be mediocre during the regular season, and our bust of a rookie (yup, calling him a bust already!) will come in and suck too. :D

(Simply put, I'm not super confident in our options at QB, I think it all shakes out to be effectively the same as Fitz... we'll probably have a draft or two more until we get the right guy if we really focus on it)

Wow, Giving up on QB's we don't even have yet. TBD has hit a new level of pessimism.

I'm feeling a lot better about our QB situation than I did when we cut Fitz and had zero QBs on the roster!

Jackson's stat line isn't great but some people say he was much better in Seattle than in Minnesota but was hurt much of the season. The implication is that if he's healthy, we'll see a different Jackson that the one who was so profoundly mediocre for the Vikes.

And Andy Reid and the Eagles at one time seemed to think Kolb would be their new franchise QB of the future. They traded McNabb away to give the starting job to Kolb.

Between the two of them, it seems a fair bet that one of them will finally live up to their potential. Then you add a rookie to the mix and I think the Bills are better at QB than we were last year. Or, at least, we have the potential to be better. We saw enough of Fitz to know clearly what his strengths and limitations were. I prefer the unknown of Kolb, TJax and a future rookie to the known of Fitz.

Wow, Giving up on QB's we don't even have yet. TBD has hit a new level of pessimism.

All the 'experts' say that this year's QB draft class is weak, and there are a couple teams ahead of us that are probably going to take a QB... I don't see how it's pessimistic to have low expectations for whatever QB we end up taking. If we were in a position for a Luck/RGIII type, I'd be feeling much better.

I'm feeling a lot better about our QB situation than I did when we cut Fitz and had zero QBs on the roster!

Jackson's stat line isn't great but some people say he was much better in Seattle than in Minnesota but was hurt much of the season. The implication is that if he's healthy, we'll see a different Jackson that the one who was so profoundly mediocre for the Vikes.

And Andy Reid and the Eagles at one time seemed to think Kolb would be their new franchise QB of the future. They traded McNabb away to give the starting job to Kolb.

Between the two of them, it seems a fair bet that one of them will finally live up to their potential. Then you add a rookie to the mix and I think the Bills are better at QB than we were last year. Or, at least, we have the potential to be better. We saw enough of Fitz to know clearly what his strengths and limitations were. I prefer the unknown of Kolb, TJax and a future rookie to the known of Fitz.

Don't get me wrong, I'm supportive of moving on, as it's clear that Fitz was not the answer. I just have very low expectations of what we've brought in. Two guys who haven't lived up, and one rookie from a "weak class".

I certainly HOPE one of them turn out to be awesome for us, and we win a bunch of games.

All the 'experts' say that this year's QB draft class is weak, and there are a couple teams ahead of us that are probably going to take a QB... I don't see how it's pessimistic to have low expectations for whatever QB we end up taking. If we were in a position for a Luck/RGIII type, I'd be feeling much better.

Then you are of the opinion that we should not take a QB at all then?

I'm sick of the Colin/Russell argument, however did they deserve to be surrounded by pessimism coming out since they were not the Luck/RGIII type either?

Your so called experts also say that 1 or 2 of the QB's this year will defy the odds and be successful and I for one will hope the Bills select said QB.

I'm just saying let's not give up on players until they have earned the right to be given up on, no matter how jaded we may become.

Then you are of the opinion that we should not take a QB at all then?

Who said that?

I'm on record saying we take one in every draft until we get it right. Ideally it'd be nice if we could build a Superbowl winning team without the "need" of a franchise QB, but it's clear that we need one in the modern day NFL. Draft a QB or two in every draft until we get one that sticks. It's a ****ty box to be painted into, but it's what we have to do.