Buffalo Bills Player Game

Virgil

Rules of the game - Post your favorite memory of the player listed on the post above. Then, list another player for the next poster. The point is not to trick people with random players who only participated in one game. If you can post a video, then so be it

To begin -

Nate Clements

I'll never forget the hit on Tom Brady as he rolled out and Nate hit him so hard his helmet came off. Everyone in the room lost it and the stadium went nuts. The whole team was fired up after that and it was a strong first quarter. Unfortunately, that was pretty much it for that game. But still, just the kind of hit that really started Nate's dominance that led to his next contract.

Next Player - Cornelius Bennet

Rules of the game - Post your favorite memory of the player listed on the post above. Then, list another player for the next poster. The point is not to trick people with random players who only participated in one game. If you can post a video, then so be it

To begin -

Nate Clements

I'll never forget the hit on Tom Brady as he rolled out and Nate hit him so hard his helmet came off. Everyone in the room lost it and the stadium went nuts. The whole team was fired up after that and it was a strong first quarter. Unfortunately, that was pretty much it for that game. But still, just the kind of hit that really started Nate's dominance that led to his next contract.

Next Player - Cornelius Bennet

Okay, I'm in.

1990 home game vs. John Elway and the Broncos, Bills down 21-9 in the 4th quarter.

Broncos set up for a 30-yard FG, when Nate Odoms breaks around the right side of the line and blocks the kick.

Cornelius Bennett picks up the blocked kick and rumbles 80 yards for the TD, which sparks a run of 3 Bills' TDs in a 77-second time span (Leonard Smith had a pick-6 on Denver's next offensive snap, and Elway fumbled on his own 2 yard line leading to a Kenneth Davis score).

Next player - Chris Spielman

It was a long time ago but I think tht Spielman was a beast in his first game as a Bill. It was the night game vs. the Giants. Incidentally, I think that is the famous "Where would you rather be than right here, right now" game. Marv said that to Elijah Pitts in the tunnel before they took the field. At least I am pretty sure that was the game.

At any rate, Spielman brought an attitude and toughness to a team trying to make one more run. There weren't a lot of plays that stood out to me but he did have like 200 tackles that season.

Next up - Chris Watson (game over). Just kidding, I will stick with LB -Sam Cowart

Next up - Chris Watson (game over). Just kidding, I will stick with LB -Sam Cowart

Easy, the Tampa Bay game in week 12 of 2000. Sam Cowart was having one of the most dominant games I've ever seen out of a linebacker -- 3 sacks in the first half only begin to tell the story, he was all over the field and seemed unstoppable. I remember thinking that he had finally come into his own that day. Then he was cut blocked by a TB guard, screwed up his ankle, and basically never played for the bills again -- he blew out his knee on opening day in 2001, and that was it.

The Bills were up early, but sunk after that injury. Rob Johnson threw for 262 yards and 2 tds, and got sacked *seven* times that game.... Rob Johnson vs Shaun King (sacked 6 times) wasn't exactly Manning vs Brady that day.

Unfortunately for Sam, that day in his 3rd season was probably the pinnacle of his career. He bounced around the league for some years after that, most notably with the Jets, but was never that player again. He was also voted to the probowl in 2000, despite not being able to play the last 4 games due to the injury.

Next up - we'll keep on the linebacker kick with Bryce Paup.