Corn on the Kolb and other musings...

So bad, the absolute worst thing you can say about a QB is he gets scared in the pocket. After Tommy Kelly on the Raiders called Kolb out in the preseason game all hope was lost for Kolb. He's injury prone, gets sacked at a high rate, and when he does play the stats are mediocre. The ghost of Rob Johnson is upon us. Just thinking about Kolb being the opening day starter makes me queasy. Same old ****, just different packaging.

I really hope they incorporate some read option with Jackson. Defenses are so good there is only a couple QB's out there that can just sit in the pocket and destroy u. I know I am gonna get flamed for this but I liked Fitzpatrick and Gailey. The defense is what cost us under the Gailey program. If he could have hired a competent DC he would still have a job.

As for the draft, I thinks teams in the top 10 really dont want to take a QB if theyhave another prospect ranked much higher on their board available. That is why you have seen 3 teams in the top 10 go sign or trade for veteran QB's. Maybe 4 if the Cardinals get Palmer. Say the kid from Utah falls Star Lotulelei falls to us can we really pass? Glad I am not making the decision. I think they have to take Geno Smith if he is there. Won't be surprised if they take Manuel at 8 either. Just a tough call all the way around.

The 3 players that I really hope fall to Buffalo is Lotulelei, Jordan, and Ansah. Think all of those guys are elite pro bowl players at the next level. Excited for the draft, best time to be a Bills fan.

So bad, the absolute worst thing you can say about a QB is he gets scared in the pocket. After Tommy Kelly on the Raiders called Kolb out in the preseason game all hope was lost for Kolb. He's injury prone, gets sacked at a high rate, and when he does play the stats are mediocre. The ghost of Rob Johnson is upon us. Just thinking about Kolb being the opening day starter makes me queasy. Same old ****, just different packaging.

I really hope they incorporate some read option with Jackson. Defenses are so good there is only a couple QB's out there that can just sit in the pocket and destroy u. I know I am gonna get flamed for this but I liked Fitzpatrick and Gailey. The defense is what cost us under the Gailey program. If he could have hired a competent DC he would still have a job.

As for the draft, I thinks teams in the top 10 really dont want to take a QB if theyhave another prospect ranked much higher on their board available. That is why you have seen 3 teams in the top 10 go sign or trade for veteran QB's. Maybe 4 if the Cardinals get Palmer. Say the kid from Utah falls Star Lotulelei falls to us can we really pass? Glad I am not making the decision. I think they have to take Geno Smith if he is there. Won't be surprised if they take Manuel at 8 either. Just a tough call all the way around.

The 3 players that I really hope fall to Buffalo is Lotulelei, Jordan, and Ansah. Think all of those guys are elite pro bowl players at the next level. Excited for the draft, best time to be a Bills fan.

Agreed on Kolb. He is subtraction by addition.

Agree that Gailey is a good offensive mind, but the primary issue with the Gailey era was not getting a QB.

Defenses can go from worst to first with good coordinating. Offenses need a QB before they can step up.

Lastly, if you think draft day is the best time to be a Bills fan you are a glutton for punishment. I follow college football and the draft closely for years but I never bother watching the draft. The Bills don't "get" the draft. It's a wasted excercise.

Spiller, Stevie, Wood, Levitre, Bryd, Klye, and Darues are all good picks. It's not like the organization doesn't have talented players. The whole thing comes down to good coaching combined with an elite QB. Need both to win championships. If u don't like draft day I don't how u watch the season then. It is the only hope we got.

Edited by UCLA Bills Fan

i really liked fitz and gailey as well. but more as human beings than football player and coach. fitz is a great guy by all accounts, but severley flawed as an nfl qb. gailey had a good offense but was hamstrung by his refusal to use the running game as a legitimate weapon most sundays. i wish those guys both nothing but the best but neither of them are buffalo bills anymore, so i will now be designating my time and effort to convincing myself of all of the reasons why the new regime, and new players are going to lead us to prominance in the nfl.