"Play ball"

CowgirlsFan

2013 World Series - Texas Rangers vs Atlanta Braves

May the best club win! :thumbsup:

On an unrelated note, this is the time of year when I really miss Paul...he was my fellow Braves brother!

Edited by ajzepp

Hell yeah...Braves erase a 5-1 deficit when the Upton brothers both go yard in the 9th...what a win!!!!

J.Upton - 5 HR in first 5 games!

Hell yeah...Braves erase a 5-1 deficit when the Upton brothers both go yard in the 9th...what a win!!!!

J.Upton - 5 HR in first 5 games!

Dude... Simmer down, you played against the Cubs! Would have been a different story if you actually went up against Chicago's major league team.

:-) :-P

Dude... Simmer down, you played against the Cubs! Would have been a different story if you actually went up against Chicago's major league team.

:-) :-P

haha, yeah taking that closer downtown isn't a big deal since he's so hot and cold...but was just so cool seeing BJ finally get going and Justin staying hot...but yeah, point taken :D

haha, yeah taking that closer downtown isn't a big deal since he's so hot and cold...but was just so cool seeing BJ finally get going and Justin staying hot...but yeah, point taken :D

Ha! LoL... Good for the Braves! I love it when the Cubbies collapse! I gotta a couple of friends that are probably gonna pull hari kari... And not that Harry Caray! LoL

Good win! Cubs lose! Cubs Lose! @ least I won't have to drive around town and see those stupid blue and white "win flags" flying from some people's porches tomorrow morning.

Ha! LoL... Good for the Braves! I love it when the Cubbies collapse! I gotta a couple of friends that are probably gonna pull hari kari... And not that Harry Caray! LoL

Good win! Cubs lose! Cubs Lose! @ least I won't have to drive around town and see those stupid blue and white "win flags" flying from some people's porches tomorrow morning.

they were talking about the Cubbies on Atlanta radio this week...I'm taking this with a grain of salt, because atlanta talk radio people wouldn't know sports if it hit them upside the head....but is it true that Cubs fans are "generally content just watching the team" and aren't really starving for playoffs/world series? I can't imagine fans of ANY team outside of the lingerie football league being content with just watching the team play, especially fans from such an amazing sports town as Chicago. Knowing teams like the Blackhawks and Bulls play in that same city, I chalked it up to this guy being clueless. Any truth to it?

Braves finally going to get a real opponent today...the Nats. We have one of the great feel good stories of the season already off and running here, though, in catcher Evan Gattis. I'll have to find a good write-up on him and post it when I get home from work. So much to be excited about with the Braves this year...nice feeling!!

The Braves need to start playing this on the jumbotron:

Upton off to nice Atl start.....watch out for Barry zito though. Coming out strong with 2 wins

Don't understand why the Nats didn't keep Michael Morse...that guy is crushing the ball for the Mariners

Upton has been such a huge addition to this team already...

I'm a self-admitted Braves homer, but the way our GM Frank Wren assembled this team is just brilliant. We're strong everywhere and we've done it without bringing in rental players. We have an amazing core of younger guys who are producing, younger guys who are on the way to reaching their potential, and older vets to provide stability. We're built for the long term, not the short burst. The farm system has been used PERFECTLY, with some players being targeted for future spots on the roster (e.g. Freeman, Heyward) and others being used in trade to bring in other pieces (e.g. R.Delgado). Our young guys have transitioned really well to the pro game, and our raw young starter - Tehran - is showing signs of maturity. He gave up four runs to the Nationals in the first two innings in game 1 this week, and then found his stride and held them in check for his teammates to have the chance to come back. Our relief pitching is solid and we have arguably the best closer in baseball.

Exciting time to be a Braves fan!

TEN in a row, baby!!!!

We're not going to maintain this pace, but this team is GOOD! We can beat you in so many ways...the heroes tonight were each batting UNDER .200 :doh: