Charlie Reese's Last Column At The Orlando Sentinel

That... Doesn't make a drop of sense.

It makes sense in that such a low level is acceptable to so many people. TYTT you'll find that Nanker, as your senior here, is cut from the same cloth as you. It's just that he was the one awarded the heart.

http://teapartyorg.ning.com/profiles/blog/show?id=4301673:BlogPost:837496

545 vs. 300,000,000 People

-By Charlie Reese

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The President does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one President, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

The people get the government they deserve. Everyone's for cutting spending, except the spending that ends up in their pocket. Old conservatives want to cut spending as long as you don't touch their SS or medicare. Libs want higher taxes as long as it's for a tax bracket above theirs. And they all point the finger & blame someone else.

The article forgets one vital point. It isn't the same 545 people.

At any point, any of those 300,000,000 can become one of the 545. That's the real problem.

Everyone wants those things when they're part of the 300 million; but when they become one of the 545; suddenly their perspective changes. Prime example: Senator Obama vs President Obama.

The article forgets one vital point. It isn't the same 545 people.

At any point, any of those 300,000,000 can become one of the 545. That's the real problem.

Everyone wants those things when they're part of the 300 million; but when they become one of the 545; suddenly their perspective changes. Prime example: Senator Obama vs President Obama.

I don't know, seems to me he's continuing to vote 'present'.