'Sleepers' if we really must bring in a FA QB..........

Fitz's last year he threw 24 TD's and 16 Int's - DG threw 23 TD's and 15 Int's. DG played 2 less games so maybe his totals get better maybe they get worse, who knows? I do know based on his average he doesn't throw as many yards. Saying that Garrard's numbers are way better than Fit'z especially in the int catagory are just false.

We get that you hate Fitz, hell most of us do too, but rying to trump up a bad QB like Garrard to exacerbate your hatred frankly makes you look silly.

Well, I'm the OP, not #34 fan, so I'll answer this. Do we only look at one year, or do we look at several? If you want to say "we only look at one, the last one", you can make the argument they're similar.

I don't think that's entirely valid. You need to look at a player's entire body of work. The previous year Fitz was leading the league in INTs with 23 picks. Garrard threw 10. Very similar numbers - NOT

Garrard lifetime INT % 2.4. Fitz lifetime INT % 3.6. That's a fact jack.

Garrard last 3 years he played 3620, 3597, 2734 (14 games).

Fitzpatrick last 3 years 3000 yds (13 games), 3832, 3400.

Facts again. You really want to make a case one puts up less throwing yards? What's false, exactly?

I grasp that you think David Garrard is a bad QB. I disagree. He may or may not be able to come back from 2 yrs of injury - some can, some can't.

But in his day, he was a good QB playing for a bad team.

Carson Palmer if he is let go is the only veteran QB I woudl bring in that is aby better than Jackson. Jackson is much better than Wallace and just as good as Garrard.

I would say that the difference among the players is not enough to be meaningful because again, we're hopefully talking about a placeholder starter turning backup as we transition to our drafted QB of the future.

So one veteran gets us 1-2 more wins than the other.

So what?

Well, I'm the OP, not #34 fan, so I'll answer this. Do we only look at one year, or do we look at several? If you want to say "we only look at one, the last one", you can make the argument they're similar.

I don't think that's entirely valid. You need to look at a player's entire body of work. The previous year Fitz was leading the league in INTs with 23 picks. Garrard threw 10. Very similar numbers - NOT

Garrard lifetime INT % 2.4. Fitz lifetime INT % 3.6. That's a fact jack.

Garrard last 3 years he played 3620, 3597, 2734 (14 games).

Fitzpatrick last 3 years 3000 yds (13 games), 3832, 3400.

Facts again. You really want to make a case one puts up less throwing yards? What's false, exactly?

I grasp that you think David Garrard is a bad QB. I disagree. He may or may not be able to come back from 2 yrs of injury - some can, some can't.

But in his day, he was a good QB playing for a bad team.

I didn't say that Fitz threw less interceptions morris. I said to try and prove he's WAY better than Fitz is false especially using one years number. Yes Fitz had one year where his int's were high, but that's the one number you're using to say Garrard is better. The year we're comparing is Fitz having 24 td's - 23 int's - 4.2 td%. Garrard had 15 TD's - 10 int's - 2.9 td%. I don't know about you but I can't honestly say which year I'd rather have my QB to have. I think they're both mediocre QB's. I'd have a slight lean towards Fitz because of the TD's, but to say Garrard has and is the way better QB to me is nuts. So we'll have to disagree to disagree Jack.

Edited by Triple Threat

Carson Palmer if he is let go is the only veteran QB I woudl bring in that is aby better than Jackson. Jackson is much better than Wallace and just as good as Garrard.

Carson Palmer is playing for $13 million this year. We have about $18-19M cap space right now. Even if he took a hefty pay cut to play here I don't think we can afford him.

Much better and just as good, hmmm? Depends upon what criterion I suppose. I hope it won't happen, but if Jackson is starting chances are all the people vituperating about "Pickspatrick" will be coming up with some new nasty names for the "Next Man Up" because Jackson throws more picks at worse times than Fitz does (a trait neither Wallace nor Garrard historically shared).

I didn't say that Fitz threw less interceptions morris. I said to try and prove he's WAY better than Fitz is false.

This is what you actually said: " Saying that Garrard's numbers are way better than Fit'z especially in the int catagory are just false."

I would say "especially in the INT category" reasonably counts as saying you think Fitz threw less interceptions.

Fitz 3.6% lifetime INTs. Garrard 2.4%. Does not look false.

Horse. Dead. Beaten. (and by the way, who is morris? no, never mind, I don't care)

Edited by Hopeful

Carson Palmer is playing for $13 million this year. We have about $18-19M cap space right now. Even if he took a hefty pay cut to play here I don't think we can afford him.

Much better and just as good, hmmm? Depends upon what criterion I suppose. I hope it won't happen, but if Jackson is starting chances are all the people vituperating about "Pickspatrick" will be coming up with some new nasty names for the "Next Man Up" because Jackson throws more picks at worse times than Fitz does (a trait neither Wallace nor Garrard historically shared).

This is what you actually said: " Saying that Garrard's numbers are way better than Fit'z especially in the int catagory are just false."

I would say "especially in the INT category" reasonably counts as saying you think Fitz threw less interceptions.

Fitz 3.6% lifetime INTs. Garrard 2.4%. Does not look false.

Horse. Dead. Beaten. (and by the way, who is morris? no, never mind, I don't care)

No they aren't way better. You're wrong. But keep on your parade that Garrard is this provable better QB because Fitz had one bad year with int's. No other stat is in Garrard's favor, but you keep ingnoring them. Very reasonable of you.

Edited by Triple Threat

I didn't say that Fitz threw less interceptions morris. I said to try and prove he's WAY better than Fitz is false especially using one years number. Yes Fitz had one year where his int's were high, but that's the one number you're using to say Garrard is better. The year we're comparing is Fitz having 24 td's - 23 int's - 4.2 td%. Garrard had 15 TD's - 10 int's - 2.9 td%. I don't know about you but I can't honestly say which year I'd rather have my QB to have. I think they're both mediocre QB's. I'd have a slight lean towards Fitz because of the TD's, but to say Garrard has and is the way better QB to me is nuts. So we'll have to disagree to disagree Jack.

David Garrard game winning drives=18 (since 2002)

Ryan Fitzpatrick game winning drives=7 (since 2005)

Andy Luck, and Russell Wilson have 7 and 5 GWD's respectively, -Both have been in the league FIVE MINUTES and are already proving to be more clutch than Fitz ever was.

I'm not sure if anyone on this thread has gone on record as saying that "Garrard is WAY better than Fitz". -However, I submit that "clutch" is infinitely better than the alternative. I'd like to have a guy under center that isn't guaranteed to "blow it" in the final moments of a close game.