Dillusions of an Armchair GM, v. 1-1

Armchair GM

I've been around the game, both as a player and coach, for a long time and it's #6 on my most loved things in this world...right after wife, kids, family and friends.

#5 must be "cooking meth" or something else too embarrassing/incriminating to post.

ugh...typical "I know more than you" post *barf...my bad, I missed that he was a UFA

Yeah....sorry about being blunt and rude. I typically am not, and you copped a rare serve from me. My apologies.

Yeah....sorry about being blunt and rude. I typically am not, and you copped a rare serve from me. My apologies.

No worries

#5 must be "cooking meth" or something else too embarrassing/incriminating to post.

I was counting my kids separately...or you can input food @ #5

I'm not in favor of any plan, intricate, well thought out, logical, or not, that involves Fitz back with this team...Not in any capacity...Not with a reduced salary...Not at all...

I don't care about the Cap situation...I don't care about the lack of QB's on the Depth Chart...I don't care about any of it...I simply want to see him gone...Buh bye... B-)

I get this line of thought but just can't agree. I want to avoid the scenario where the QB we draft in the 7th round is our starter even though he sucks because we just don't have anyone else.

Anyone my age (54) or older has recollections of QBs far worse than Fitz behind center. Fitz was painful enough to watch. I don't want even greater pain in 2013.

I'm okay with cutting Fitz - but only once we find his replacement.

I'm okay with cutting Fitz - but only once we find his replacement.

This is the heart of the matter concerning QBs and seems to be what all the "get rid of Fitz NOW" types around are missing. Sure, he's never going to be a first rank QB. But until there is someone better to fill the slot, how in the heck does getting rid of him improve the position? There are no QBs in free agency that the Bills have a realistic shot at. And as to the ones in this year's draft, I'm not sure any of them are in any way an upgrade over Fitz, or, if they are, it's not much of an improvement, certainly not enough to be called a "franchise quarterback."