QB Talk

thewildrabbit

Agreed, there are guys worth a "shot" in round 2 at the 10th pick. I also agree that they should pick a QB relatively early every year until they find a good one.

I am just VERY skeptical that there is a good starting NFL QB in this draft. Of the QBs, I look at Nassib, Wilson, Glennon, and Manuel as possible round 2 picks. There may be others, such as Bray, but I would shy away from QB at 8. One analyst that I follow (Russ Lande) does think that Nassib is worth a round 1 pick.

yea this is one of the worst QB years ever, usually I can find one I like but they are flawed from no talent to no brains.

Interesting article by Bucky Brooks @ NFL.com

5) Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee

Area of concern: Maturity.

Bray is arguably the most gifted passer in the 2013 NFL Draft, but he is not considered one of the top quarterback prospects due to concerns about his character.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/0ap1000000137996/article/manti-teo-matt-barkley-head-prospects-with-something-to-prove

Should the Bills lose out on Nassib (who I think they will try and get in the 2nd round) They might get a shot at Bray

Interesting article by Bucky Brooks @ NFL.com

5) Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee

Area of concern: Maturity.

Bray is arguably the most gifted passer in the 2013 NFL Draft, but he is not considered one of the top quarterback prospects due to concerns about his character.

http://www.nfl.com/c...ething-to-prove

Should the Bills lose out on Nassib (who I think they will try and get in the 2nd round) They might get a shot at Bray

As I mentioned earlier, his behavior is an embarrassment, but he throws the ball better than any of the other guys in this draft. I will say that I would rather have Bray, than watch any more Fitz..

EJ Manuel

sucks. preseason national champions for the past 4 years (sarcasm), lost a ridiculous game (or several) every year and usually Manual was a major cause in every one of those games.

Oh, and plays in one of the worst conferences (of the big ones) in the nation.

Edited by Garranimal

sucks. preseason national champions for the past 4 years (sarcasm), lost a ridiculous game (or several) every year and usually Manual was a major cause in every one of those games.

Oh, and plays in one of the worst conferences (of the big ones) in the nation.

So you would or wouldn't pick him at #40?

As I mentioned earlier, his behavior is an embarrassment, but he throws the ball better than any of the other guys in this draft. I will say that I would rather have Bray, than watch any more Fitz..

Boy....I looked at his highlights of the Florida game and it sure looks like he can't read. He threw a lot of balls to guys on the wrong team. I can deal with his behavior if he's a standout on the field. But Bray looked bad to me.

Boy....I looked at his highlights of the Florida game and it sure looks like he can't read. He threw a lot of balls to guys on the wrong team. I can deal with his behavior if he's a standout on the field. But Bray looked bad to me.

If you're talking about that 11 minute video that was posted here yesterday, Bray also made several throws which made you appreciate his immense talent.

AT least they made me appreciate his immense talent.

IMO Bray like Manuel, is a diamond-in-the-rough.

Mechanically the thing I liked the least is that he sometimes slings the ball from a low release point.

I wonder how his coaching at Tennessee was?

I feel Tyler Wislon is the best option for the Bills this year. You can't base him upon his stats, he played for a terrible team. But, I've watched him and I think he has the ability to be a Big Ben type player. He has a strong arm, a good leader and is strong in the pocket. I can't think of anything bad to say about him, besides his ocassional bad accuracy, which I think can be fixed as he developes. We can't have an open competition between Jackson and Fitz, it's carzy and stupid, neither is a starter, and this would put an immidiate bad taste in my mouth by Marrone and co. The best thing to do is sign a FA QB, be it Alex Smith, I don't care, and let him battle for the starting job against our drafted QB. Hopefully the battle between Jackson and Fitz is to see who makes the roster.

Bray might end up a terrible pro, but Fitz will never...yadayadayada. Get someone in here to develop, or I'm not watching.

Not to worry

Bray might end up a terrible pro, but Fitz will never...yadayadayada. Get someone in here to develop, or I'm not watching.

The Orangemen did a very good job developing Ryan Nassib considering his inferior WR corps and surrounding cast. Thanks to Doug Marrone and his OC Nathanial Hackett. Hackett will also be QB's coach for the Bills.

Not to worry, I'm about 90% positive the Bills will select Ryan Nassib with that 8th overall. Regardless of what anyone else says they know this kid inside and out. Plus he already knows the offense they will run. This is reminiscent of Dolphins last year with Tallwhacker & his college coach Mike Sherman now as OC.

I like Bray a lot, and I'm sure some team will fall in love with his arm despite his shortcomings... Just not the Bills.

Not to worry

The Orangemen did a very good job developing Ryan Nassib considering his inferior WR corps and surrounding cast. Thanks to Doug Marrone and his OC Nathanial Hackett. Hackett will also be QB's coach for the Bills.

Not to worry, I'm about 90% positive the Bills will select Ryan Nassib with that 8th overall. Regardless of what anyone else says they know this kid inside and out. Plus he already knows the offense they will run. This is reminiscent of Dolphins last year with Tallwhacker & his college coach Mike Sherman now as OC.

I like Bray a lot, and I'm sure some team will fall in love with his arm despite his shortcomings... Just not the Bills.

That is what I assume will happen.

So you would or wouldn't pick him at #40?

this is the donte Whitner conundrum......does picking a guy in a later round make him any better? Would Donte have been a better safety for the bills if he were selected in the 4th round? the answer to both is no. so no, i wouldn't take EJ with the 40th pick. With EJ, is the problem EJ himself or is it that Jimbo Fisher can't coach? If its some of both, I wouldn't touch him because this organization has shown zero ability to polish a diamond in the rough.

this is the donte Whitner conundrum......does picking a guy in a later round make him any better? Would Donte have been a better safety for the bills if he were selected in the 4th round? the answer to both is no. so no, i wouldn't take EJ with the 40th pick. With EJ, is the problem EJ himself or is it that Jimbo Fisher can't coach? If its some of both, I wouldn't touch him because this organization has shown zero ability to polish a diamond in the rough.

No picking a player later in the draft doesn't make him any better.

However if you're not sure if a player is gonna be successful or not (and this is the case with the majority of drafted players) you mitigate the risk by drafting that player later on.

Thus taking EJ Manuel at #40 is a reasonable risk while taking him at #8 is probably not.

The thing I think most of you are missing is that Ryan Nassib wasn't highly recruited out of high school, the 82nd ranked QB that year. Greg Paulus was named the starter Nassib's freshman redshirt year so he hardly played at all the first year. That Syracuse team really had a bunch of nobody's as receivers too.

Nassib has suffered no major injuries throughout his college career, and he took some hard hits and got right back up. Plus he was a Big East all-academic selection every year since his freshman year.

That Syracuse team, and offense became good under Marrone / Hackett, and Nassib became a 1st / 2nd round draft pick because of those two men. So, I think whomever the Bills select at QB this year Marrone / Hackett will be able to coach them up, and develop them properly.

My take is once all the teams realize just how good Nassib is... some team will fall in love with him and snag him before the Bills if they don't take him with that 8th pick

READ THIS! http://nflsfuture.com/2013/01/16/ryan-nassib-scouting-report/

"Good luck finding someone with more intangibles than this guy. He and Tyler Wilson have that gunslinger mentality that I personally love. You can see the competitor come out and teams will fall in love with that spirit. There aren’t any concerns with him as a person or leader. Played in a pro-style offense under Doug Marrone dropping mostly from under center."

This writer states it would be a monumental mistake to take Nassib with that 8th pick. I think it would be a monumental mistake to wait until round 2 and lose out on the guy. This franchise has been without a top QB for almost 2 decades. I hope they take Nassib in the first and Bray in the 3rd.

The thing I think most of you are missing is that Ryan Nassib wasn't highly recruited out of high school, the 82nd ranked QB that year. Greg Paulus was named the starter Nassib's freshman redshirt year so he hardly played at all the first year. That Syracuse team really had a bunch of nobody's as receivers too.

Nassib has suffered no major injuries throughout his college career, and he took some hard hits and got right back up. Plus he was a Big East all-academic selection every year since his freshman year.

That Syracuse team, and offense became good under Marrone / Hackett, and Nassib became a 1st / 2nd round draft pick because of those two men. So, I think whomever the Bills select at QB this year Marrone / Hackett will be able to coach them up, and develop them properly.

My take is once all the teams realize just how good Nassib is... some team will fall in love with him and snag him before the Bills if they don't take him with that 8th pick

READ THIS! http://nflsfuture.co...couting-report/

"Good luck finding someone with more intangibles than this guy. He and Tyler Wilson have that gunslinger mentality that I personally love. You can see the competitor come out and teams will fall in love with that spirit. There aren’t any concerns with him as a person or leader. Played in a pro-style offense under Doug Marrone dropping mostly from under center."

This writer states it would be a monumental mistake to take Nassib with that 8th pick. I think it would be a monumental mistake to wait until round 2 and lose out on the guy. This franchise has been without a top QB for almost 2 decades. I hope they take Nassib in the first and Bray in the 3rd.

I want them to draft 2 Qb's as well.

It's pointless to continue trying to build this team without a decent QB. Complete careers have passed without the Bills making the playoffs! A decade of drafts that have produced nothing, and people want to use a 3rd round pick on a safety. How can anyone claim that it would hinder the development of the team (by "wasting" draft picks on too many Qb's) at this point?

http://secondroundstats.com/2013/02/08/nassib-dysert-and-manuel-a-metrics-breakdown/

Would love me 2 QB's as well.

This link compares Nassib's, Dysert's, and Manuel's locations thrown as well as a comparison of Nassib to Luck's throws from a year ago--almost identical where they were thrown in terms of distance and location.

READ THIS! http://nflsfuture.co...couting-report/

I'll bite. How does a guy have "more intangibles" - i.e. more things that aren't measurable?

Scouts aren't always that much smarter than the rest of us.

I'll bite. How does a guy have "more intangibles" - i.e. more things that aren't measurable?

Scouts aren't always that much smarter than the rest of us.

What he is stating is that it doesn't get much better then Nassib in terms of staying out of trouble, not failing drug tests, not getting a DUI. His character is about as flawless as you can get.

"There aren’t any concerns with him as a person or leader."

Unlike so many young players that get into trouble like QB Cam Newton who had several brushes with the law. Marcell Dareus also had his troubles. Few college players are squeaky clean from what I understand.

Glennon was compared most with Flacco.

I have converted and am now a Mike Glennon fan. Glennon has shown the ability to lead his team to comeback victories. He's very accurate. Throws a beautiful long ball and his pocket awareness is better than advertised. Watch film for yourself and draw your own conclusions.