Under The Radar FA's

mEAz

I came across this article written by PFF's Khaled Elsayed for ESPN's Insider

http://insider.espn....mod_nfl_xxx_xxx

Since not everyone wants to pay for an Insider membership, here are the write ups on two guys I think could help the Bills fill some holes on the roster without breaking the bank.

Greg Toler, cornerback

2012 team: Arizona Cardinals

Take a look at the career regular-season coverage stats of Toler and you get a feel for a guy who could start for a handful of teams -- 720 snaps in coverage and 1,036 yards given up, with five touchdowns and five interceptions along with 13 pass breakups. That 1.44 yards per snap in coverage. That's less than guys like Cary Williams, Dunta Robinson and Aqib Talib gave up this season. Toler's performance in 2012, where quarterbacks had a 51.5 rating throwing into his coverage, isn't to be sniffed at.

You don't need every cornerback on your roster to be a No. 1 guy who shuts down the best the opposition has to offer. You do need them to be able to hold up when teams go after them. Watch how Toler handled Matthew Stafford in Week 15 and you'll see that he can do exactly that.

Brad Jones, linebacker

2012 team: Green Bay Packers

As an outside linebacker, Jones was something of a flop in Green Bay. He wasn't cut out for setting the edge and consistently generating pressure.

As an inside linebacker, he was a huge success story. Starting the season as the No. 4 guy, injuries to Desmond Bishop and D.J. Smith meant he found himself starting, and it wasn't long before he was relegating A.J. Hawk to the bench as he assumed an every-down role. His role saw him dealing head-on with linemen and blockers at the second level, while the gimme tackles went to Hawk. That didn't stop Jones from posting a run stop percentage score better than the likes of Daryl Washington while finishing the year as our 11th-ranked inside linebacker.

He's a starter in this league, and the Packers' depth may make him expendable.

Interested in hearing some other "bargain' FA names...

CB E.J. Biggers from Tampa is another up-and-comer that would be a solid acquisition to bolster our CB depth. He played quite nicely in Tampa, and could probably hold down the #2 CB spot. I doubt he'll ever develop into a shutdown corner, but as a #2, i think he could play well. And he's only 25 so he can still get better. He'll come much cheaper than the top options too.