Seeing Is Believing !!

T master

I wondered if any one got a chance to watch the annual Allstars Football Challenge on ESPN2 last night at Jerry World ? It had a bunch of the guys coming out in this years draft, 2 of which were Glennon & Nassib.

The WR from UT was a beast Cordarelle Patterson is a beast !!

They had 4 teams, on each team they had 5 people, they would do running certain obstacle courses that simulate what they might do n a game. It was pretty good !

When they got to this one part where it started with the kicker having to hit a 50 yard FG, (Oh & this was a timed event) after the whistle the kicker had to hit the FG, then the QB had to hit a stationary target, throw into a stationary net target about 20 yds down field, then to a WR, then he would run a gauntlet course (if that is what it was called) and the last guy would sprint to the end across the finish line.

Let me put it this way Nassib wasn't the worst but his accuracy SUCKED ! Just not as bad as Glennon. The 2 of them finished Nassib #3 - Glennon #4 in the competition, & as i said their accuracy was the big down fall of their game .

Glennon at one point threw so many balls trying to hit the net target 20 yds away they ran out of balls & guys had to run & get more... Nassib hit the target after like the 8th or 9th throw.

After the senior bowl & this i'll pass (no pun intended)

Both may make it to the NFL but don't expect anything more than what we saw last year from either of these guys, it will take a while for either one to develop into NFL type QB's . They could be good back ups but i don't see any thing that made me even think they were any where close to first round talent !!

If we follow the grab a QB in the first round & either of these guys are our pick they will be nothing less then a project QB. The Rogers kid from Vandy (which i think they said was Arrons brother) was a lot more accurate than either of these guys & Manuel was the #1 QB n the competition.

I hope our scout team really looks at a bunch of tape on these guys & goes with what the other team needs are or with a different QB, maybe either one of those guys picked as a second QB in the later rounds but please don't blow a first round pick on those guys !!!!

id rather judge these guys on the games they played rather than them throwing into some net. last i checked games were not played on a obstacle course.

Sounds like some one is a Glennon or a Nassib fan ! These guys were under a bit of pressure to get the job done due to the clock & if that shows any thing about how they play under pressure weather it be on the field or in a competition it tells me that it's not a good reaction.

And if you would like to judge them n their game presence then just look at the senior bowl footage...

And then you can see it first hand. I for one just don't want it to be in a Bills uni !!!

Edited by T master

Sounds like some one is a Glennon or a Nassib fan ! These guys were under a bit of pressure to get the job done due to the clock & if that shows any thing about how they play under pressure weather it be on the field or in a competition it tells me that it's not a good reaction.

And if you would like to judge them n their game presence then just look at the senior bowl footage...

And then you can see it first hand. I for one just don't want it to be in a Bills uni !!!

I just watched the QB's throw. Didn't see anything that changed my opinion of any of the QB's. FWIW...EJ Manuel looked the best of all the QB's. I agree with other posters, however, that these "skills competitions" aren't really good for evaluating talent/potential. I honestly don't put too much stock into the senior bowl either. Unfamiliar offensive scheme, unfamiliar recievers, etc...