Sean Taylor's Attorneys comment

erynthered

Why were the charges dismissed?  Is this a test that is not allowed?

196266[/snapback]

Good question. I took this from the St. Pete Times sports section. It has a "Quote of the day piece" Thats all there was. What killed me was what the attorney said, not so much that Taylor couldnt say the abc's.

Good question. I took this from the St. Pete Times sports section. It has a "Quote of the day piece" Thats all there was. What killed me was what the attorney said, not so much that Taylor couldnt say the abc's.

196286[/snapback]

More info...

http://www.washtimes.com/sports/20050106-120228-1169r.htm

...The field test involved six separate tests. Taylor performed fine on some of them, such as tilting his head back and touching his nose three times, but struggled on others. On one, he hopped around and let his foot touch the ground while counting, and on another he missed three letters (j, m and n) while saying the alphabet from e to o.

McLain argued that the entire video should be considered when evaluating Taylor's state. McLain pointed out that Taylor pulled the car over perfectly straight and in the middle of the shoulder and didn't show any signs of being tipsy during the several minutes Boggess was back in the squad car.

Mutnick agreed, granting McLain's motion to dismiss the DUI charge after considering "the totality of the entire video." Mutnick added: "I've seen a whole lot worse."

Give Taylor a break. He is a Miami guy, after all. And if they had asked him the difference between simple assault and assault and battery, he probably would have passed. Getting Arrested 101 is a mandatory course for footballers at Criminal U.

Anyone else in here feel stupid when some little kid rattles off the alphabet......backwards?

196193[/snapback]

I saw a video clip of a drunk stop when the cops asked the guy to say the alphabet backwards.

He paused, z.......y........x.......w... then he ran off the rest in like three seconds.

The cop was speechless.

She then said, after several moments, I've never seen that before in my life.

Which leads, me to wonder, completely sober, how many of us could say the alphabet backwards without pausing too often?

Give Taylor a break. He is a Miami guy, after all. And if they had asked him the difference between simple assault and assault and battery, he probably would have passed. Getting Arrested 101 is a mandatory course for footballers at Criminal U.

196461[/snapback]

There is no scUM, without UM. I hate the Canes. ( I know Rich :w00t: )

Go Noles :lol:

I saw a video clip of a drunk stop when the cops asked the guy to say the alphabet backwards.

He paused, z.......y........x.......w... then he ran off the rest in like three seconds.

The cop was speechless.

Which leads, me to wonder, completely sober, how many of us could say the alphabet backwards without pausing too often?

196476[/snapback]

I can say it backwards in about four seconds. I learned it backwards before I was 5. What can I say, I'm gifted.

The cop was speechless.

196476[/snapback]

I was pulled over in college on the way home from the bars and had a cop give me the same test. Of course, I had never said the alaphbet backwards in my life, but much like your story, I was able to rattle it right off and the cop let me go.