Interesting test between Bills and Browns

It is not a perfect blend of opposites because I really like Pettine as our DC but the reality is that if the guy is as good as we need him or want him to be, he will only be here two a year or two at the most. Our other coaches have very little if any successful coaching experience in the NFL including our head coach and the Browns have two very experienced coordinators with a history of success as coordinators.

Our brand new approach in going with fresh ideas and young gun assistants along with our offense coordinator may work for us as our hope that fresh ideas will work against the old regime style that the Browns employed.

There are certainly more variables than coaching. The Patriots have been among the worst defenses in the NFL the past two or three years and they have dominated with a great quarterback so talent can offset poor coaching sometimes, but it will be interesting to see where both teams are two years from now.

Except when the play good teams. That D strikes fear in nobody. Hell, even Fitz lit'em up the last few years.

That, and a defense that is consistently playing with a significant lead knows the other team has to pass the ball to try to catch up. This is particularly true as ol' Bill does not let off the gas even with a lead, he probably feels good sportsmanship takes a second seat to the psychological edge of pressuring his opponent to feel that they have to take a lot of downfield shots to have any chance of staying in the game.

I always wondered why a team didn't just send an all out blitz after blitz to knock Brady into next week when NE is padding their score late in a game. If I knew I was going to lose who cares if I blow the coverage? It would at least send them a message that leaving their prize QB in the game while they are running up the score would be a bad idea the next time we met.

That, and a defense that is consistently playing with a significant lead knows the other team has to pass the ball to try to catch up. This is particularly true as ol' Bill does not let off the gas even with a lead, he probably feels good sportsmanship takes a second seat to the psychological edge of pressuring his opponent to feel that they have to take a lot of downfield shots to have any chance of staying in the game.

I always wondered why a team didn't just send an all out blitz after blitz to knock Brady into next week when NE is padding their score late in a game. If I knew I was going to lose who cares if I blow the coverage? It would at least send them a message that leaving their prize QB in the game while they are running up the score would be a bad idea the next time we met.

Totally agree. Play to the whistle and the final snap. If Brady is out there send 9 guys. The only people who woudl be upset would be the Vegas guys... Oh wait never mind keep the score close and don't touch Marcia.