No matter the player moves, I'm going to have faith this offseason

Virgil

I think about the complaints that most people have made over the past 3 years and it really shows me how much the organization has changed (except for the winning unforunately).

Everyone complained about Ralph meddling, not spending the money, not re-signing our own guys, the team moving, etc... In fairness, I agreed with all of it. The hiring of Chan seemed like a confirmation of the fact that we were a small market team and these hiring were what we had to deal with.

Since then, we resigned Stevie, Fitz (mistake, but still did it at a time we thought he was the answer), Ralph gave up control. signed a new lease, brought in the highest sought after defensive player and spent a ton of money on him, stole a coach from other teams, and then even brought in a high performing coach in Pettine.

I know everything isn't perfect, but I think you'd have to have blinders of intense hate on to not see the movement.

With that, I'm going to sit back and have faith in a few things:

1 - Whatever QB we draft is the best option at the time. If it's Nassib, who would know better than his old coach. If it's not, then the same argument applies. Whoever we take, I have faith that our coach knows more about him from his previous position than most

2 - Whatever changes we make on the defensive side, I'm in. I think Pettine has shown he knows what he's doing. If that means that he drafts 7 LB's to make the scheme work, then so be it.

3 - If we don't spend the money, I know it's not because we are being cheap. Instead, they didn't see a value in the guy

Overall, the only thing I'm hazy on is the overall offensive scheme. Don't really know enough to believe that it's a lock for improvement. I think the playcalling and use of Spiller is a no-brainer to be better with the new structure. But effective, that I'll have to wait and see

I think about the complaints that most people have made over the past 3 years and it really shows me how much the organization has changed (except for the winning unforunately).

Everyone complained about Ralph meddling, not spending the money, not re-signing our own guys, the team moving, etc... In fairness, I agreed with all of it. The hiring of Chan seemed like a confirmation of the fact that we were a small market team and these hiring were what we had to deal with.

Since then, we resigned Stevie, Fitz (mistake, but still did it at a time we thought he was the answer), Ralph gave up control. signed a new lease, brought in the highest sought after defensive player and spent a ton of money on him, stole a coach from other teams, and then even brought in a high performing coach in Pettine.

I know everything isn't perfect, but I think you'd have to have blinders of intense hate on to not see the movement.

With that, I'm going to sit back and have faith in a few things:

1 - Whatever QB we draft is the best option at the time. If it's Nassib, who would know better than his old coach. If it's not, then the same argument applies. Whoever we take, I have faith that our coach knows more about him from his previous position than most

2 - Whatever changes we make on the defensive side, I'm in. I think Pettine has shown he knows what he's doing. If that means that he drafts 7 LB's to make the scheme work, then so be it.

3 - If we don't spend the money, I know it's not because we are being cheap. Instead, they didn't see a value in the guy

Overall, the only thing I'm hazy on is the overall offensive scheme. Don't really know enough to believe that it's a lock for improvement. I think the playcalling and use of Spiller is a no-brainer to be better with the new structure. But effective, that I'll have to wait and see

I feel the same. I have faith (not sure why, but I do). I like our choices in coaches and I'm pumped Ralph is no longer making the decisions. I think Brandon's going to be a big upgrade.

The defense is what I'm so excited about. Even though we don't currently have any good LBs, I think we'll draft 1 impact LB ad hopefully sign one in FA. I love the Pettine hiring. I've been praying for years, that we would get somebody in the Rex Ryan, ravens defense mold. Bring the heat. Switch up alignments each play and show different looks. Watching the Bills d for the past 7 years or so has been painful. Bad results mixed with a boring play style. I'd rather give up big plays while trying to make plays rather than sitting back getting picked apart every play. Hopefully we can draft 2-3 LBs and Pettine will have some new fun ammo to put in his gun.

there's really nothing else you can do. You can get all worked up and look for things to get upset about (see the numerous threads with endless bitching about Marrone, Hackett, assistant coaches, potential QBs, etc). But in the end, we have no control. Marrone and his staff will be staking their careers on the players they are about to choose. I am hopeful they will do the right thing. There is an excellent chance that they will fail, but there is also a chance they will succeed. I am going to hope for the latter until they prove it is no longer a possibility.

GO BILLS.