The Reason I believe old

JayFromDC

No Kelly Im not I said previously that I don't believe that he's in a class with Moss, TO, Harrison, Holt, but what's the difference between what Peerless want's and what Moulds wanted after his contract was up and had a great year, Eric wasn't a top 5 receiver at the time and still is not but got paid didnt he??? but the difference was is that Reed was at the end of the line and we didn't have anybody so WE HAD TO RESIGN HIM, he was talking about going to play basketball or something, So when Peerless tries the samething we say no you aint worth it, but Eric did the same stevestojan, and please don't ask me anything about Josh Reed

14575[/snapback]

You cannot just look at numbers. From your posts, even though I think you're nuts on this one, you obviously watch a lot of football and know what's going on. PP can put up some very good numbers. But he is nowhere close to Moulds as a WR. He's not as good in any category, except perhaps one tenth of a second faster in the 40 and we never see Peerless wide open catching bombs for long TDs like Moulds has done. Moulds is bigger, stronger, better hands, runs better routes, blocks better, breaks tackles better, hangs onto the ball better, is tougher to contain, uses his feet on the sidelines better, jumps better, goes after the ball in the air better, has better timing, fumbles less, goes against better CBs, is known around the league as one of the top WRs, opposing cornerbacks laud him all the time. He tries harder, is a better teammate, doesnt get stupid penalties, doesn't have alligator arms, works out harder, etc. He is better in every way than Peerless Price, who is a very good WR in this league. He deserves 40 mil, PP does not.

I will, say, however, that Moulds drops as many easy balls as Peerless does.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Buffalo Bob what you don't understand is that the tradeoff made us went backwards you have to have balance my man, second ranked defense with the worst offense, what the hell is that, yes I woud have rather had Peerless instead of those guys, we still don't have a real pass rusher, and Peerless had a better year than Steve did when he requested his, not much by a lil, it's like you criticized the Rams for being able to have two book ends with in an inexperienced d, BUT THEY IN THE PLAYOFFS, Im really trying to understand you guys

Kelly I think the same about you man, I know you know your stuff AND YOUR THE ONLY GUY ON HERE, that I've seen that can think Im nuts and not resort to names and bring something intelligent to the table about the bills, Im just a lil frusterated man, he was one of my favorite players when he was at Tennesee, and I said it's no we can draft him, and WE DId, and he produced and then we let him go becuase of his price tag

In Fantasy World, we would have still been able to keep Peerless Price, Antoine Winfield, Marcellus Wiley, Ted Washington, etc...

Unfortunately we live in Real World.

Stop wasting thread space on stevestojan topics like this.

Let's focus on the 2004 Bills and get ready for a good season.

Kelly I think the same about you man, I know you know your stuff AND YOUR THE ONLY GUY ON HERE, that I've seen that can think Im nuts and not resort to names and bring something intelligent to the table about the bills, Im just a lil frusterated man, he was one of my favorite players when he was at Tennesee, and I said it's no we can draft him, and WE DId, and he produced and then we let him go becuase of his price tag

14612[/snapback]

I don't think I'd be going out on a limb to say that last season one additional solid #2 WR would NOT have saved our bacon on offense in 2003. It's not always about players.... Sometimes there are schemes and coaches (or lack thereof) involved too. :lol:

Buffalo Bob, despite what you might think about their defense, AREN'T THEY IN THE PLAYOFFS??? AREN'T THEY COMPETITIVE, IN 2002 WE WERE 8-8 and on the come up in the league, according to you guys TD made the right decision, AND NO WE SUCK, IM NOT UNDESTANDING YOU GUYS, WERE GOING BACKWARDS, AND YOUR MUSHIN MUHAMMAD POINT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE, BECUASE GUESS WHAT, HE'S STILL A PANTHER, AND AS FAR AS THE CAP ISSUE THEY DON'T TELL YOU WHAT CAN BE TWEAKED, WHAT CAN MADE THIS WAY IN ORDER FOR THIS TO BE THAT WAY, ALL THEY TELL YOU IS IS A FIGURE, THAT IS MEANINGLESS TO ME, IT'S WHAT YOU DO WITH IT THAT COUNT'S, AND ALL THOSE GUYS YOU NAME THAT WE MENTIONED THAT WE SIGNED GOT US 6-10 MY MAN

14591[/snapback]

Well my man, whom should we have not signed then? Whom should we have blown off so that we could have been 8-8 again this past season with Peerless? It is irrelevant whether the Rams were competitive with their defense last season, because obviously if they are forced to start 4 rookies this year, they were not in the same state last year. Apparently, things are catching up. Sure, you can always borrow from Peter to pay Paul if a guy is so worth keeping, but it always bites you in the ass a few years down the road. Just look at what happened when Butler did it.

And of course my Muhammed point makes sense because Steve Smith did not sign a PP contract. Duh!

Anyway, it is clear that you are speaking from ignorance. You blow off facts and reality with crap like, "Oh that stuff is meaningless to me" which is obvious from your lack of understanding of it. So there really is no point in going further here.

You're right Jay, the cap is a bunch of smoke and mirrors. It is all designed to cover for the fact that a GM doesn't want to pay a guy what he's worth. Sure, we could have re-signed PP for what he got from Atlanta, and still had enough money to sign anyone else we wanted. And there really is no cap ramifications from deferring salary as bonuses. That whole purge that occurred when TD took over was completely unnecessary and was only because TD wanted his own guys.

Have I missed anything? I think your bizzarro world should be quite intact now. Have fun!

I mean 34 having the option of being able to have two great receivers I don't think you can just have with a snap of your finger I mean let's face it Eric Moulds is not getting any younger, I mean I hope Lee Evans pans out along with Josh Reed but it's all hope right now, when we had a guy that we was sure of

I mean 34 having the option of being able to have two great receivers I don't think you can just have with a snap of your finger I mean let's face it Eric Moulds is not getting any younger, I mean I hope Lee Evans pans out along with Josh Reed but it's all hope right now, when we had a guy that we was sure of

14627[/snapback]

Again I agree with you on that point. I think many of us do. But the size of the contract he demanded simply would not allow a future for the Buffalo Bills TEAM.

hahahah that's funny Kelso, I didnt mention all those guys, Im only arguing for one my man

14617[/snapback]

I hear ya, but my point in mentioning those others is that the salary cap is a cruel whore and PP was an unfortunate - but nevertheless inevitable - victim of this whore. PP was one of my favorites too, but I don't blame TD for letting him go. If you pay 2 WR's #1 money, then that takes away a whole lot of extra money for the OL and DL. And look at our OL and DL at the moment...I shudder to think of our lines next season if Jennings, Schobel, and PW all somehow leave for greener pastures. Right now, we should be able to retain 2 of those 3. But if we still had PP to the similar contract he has in Atlanta, you could kiss all 3 goodbye.

Well, it is clear now from this discussion that PP was your boy. That's fine. You would have rather we kept him and stayed the same on defense. That's fine, too.

But here's the problem. First, you can't be competitive for long without a solid defense. The moves made last year made the defense more than solid.

The second thing, as 34-78-83 pointed out, our losing PP was NOT the only reason the offense suffered last year, much as you might like to think. In fact, the second half of the year before, the offense began to sputter , even with PP still here.

The Bills had to make improvements in other areas, and they did. Those improvements were made as a tradeoff to re-signing PP. But much as you might like to think that the drop in wins was solely the failure of this tradeoff, you are way too high on your favorite player, much like a lot of fans were around here when it came to a diminutive QB of a few years back.

In th long-run, the Bills will be much better off as a result of those tradeoffs, my man.

So bob WHAT YOUR TELLING ME IS THAT HAD WE HAD SIGNED PEERLESS, WE COULD HAVE NOT SIGNED ANYBODY ELSE??? EVERYTHING WOULD HAVE HAD TO STAY THE SAME?? THAT WE COULD HAVE NOT MAKDE ANY MOVES??? I DON'T BELIEVE THAT

14653[/snapback]

Dude, do you have a problem with your caps lock key? Is it stuck or something?

Sure we could have made some moves, but not as many, because the issue isn't just the year in which a contract is signed, it also impacts the future. There is no way we could have signed Spikes, that is for sure. It is also unlikely that we would have gotten Malloy. And as others have ppointed out, with cap space allocated to Price at that rate, good luck re-signing Schobel, Jennings, Williiams.

The bottom line, and most importantly, much as you love your boy, he just ain't worth $6 million per year! Like I said before, had he agreed to Steve Smith money ($4.5 Million per year), I think we would have found a way to keep him. It isn't JUST about is there enough space to give him what he wants? It is also an issue of is he really worth what he wants.

Just because your boy has nearly as many catches as Moulds the year before doesn't make him as good as Moulds. Moulds was doubled all year, while Peerless got singled most of the year. Sorry, but even if we had the space, he wasn't worth that much and there is no way I would rather have PP still here at money he is not worth rather than Takeo Spikes and perhaps Milloy as well.

and who was Atlanta's back up QB last year??? oh ok, I guess Molds was catching 100 balls when Rob Johnson was throwing him the ball too huh??? you guys

14642[/snapback]

Not quite, but he did catch 94 back in 2000, including 63 in the 11 games Rob started.

As for Price - he wanted to be a #1 receiver. That's his prerogative. But with Moulds already here, it wasn't going to happen for him in Buffalo. He knew that, and knew Atlanta - already where he made his offseason home - needed a #1 WR. Read any of his quotes from that offseason, and you can tell he was already packing his bags.... just like Antoine Winfield this last offseason.

Would it have been nice to keep him here? Yeah, but it wasn't going to happen. Just my opinion.....

Bob I never said Peerless was as good as a reciever as Eric I used the stats to show that in that Offense it didn't matter about 1 and 2 2 and 1 1 and 1a they both got it done as a Tandom, and as far as your forecast on the cap I disagree with that assesment because out of all the guys we signed we are still under the cap and you failed to mention Sam Adams and Mark Campbell's extension in which we could have dealed with out, plus we made Drew restructure his deal, and as a matter of fact Paul Mcguire who I think resides in Buffalo said it live on air that Buffalo could have resigned Peerless, they just didn't want to do it