The Reason I believe old

JayFromDC

Kelly don't we have somebody by the name of uuhhh Travis Henry, I would have love to Kept Peerless alongside Moulds, and Henry, instead of banking on McGahee and Evans, who are both by the way coming off KNEE INJURIES, Price and Henry are already proven in this league

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

34 you guys keep saying he wasn't worth it, but you won't mention anything about PRODUCTION, Im just not so sure about that now, yall keep saying he's not in the top 5 as far as maybe being able to be on his own and catch 100 balls, and I agree with that, but it's only a few guys that can really, IM not saying he's necessarily in a class with TO, MOss and Harrison, or even Holt but gosh darnit, LOOK AT WHAT HE DID FOR OUR OFFENSE, so what if he played for the texans he might not dominate, but why would you base anything off but what he did for the BIlls and he produced and the offense produced and now our offense suck as a result of that move, it's going to take Lee Evans 3 years just like it does any other WR, he's no exception, Im not trying to wait that long, when we had a guy HERE ALREADY,

14483[/snapback]

Jay, I agree with you about his production here in our offense and I was one of his staunchest supporters while he was here. I watched him closely in his time here and disagreed with many about the "alligator arms" phenomenon and the whole attitude thing (atleast the extreme of it). The fact remains that NO team can afford two contracts of that magnitude at the WR position and not feel the effects elsewhere on the team. The lucky teams that have 2 great WRs usually have one guy who is vastly underpaid or one guy who is nearing the end of his career.

Jay, you can't just say we should pay a guy whatever he wants without looking at the ramifications on the cap for the future.  There is only so much cap space to go around.  So you have to make decisions about who to keep fopr huge bucks and who to let go if there is someone out there willing to pay beyond what he was worth.

Yes he meant a lot to our offense.  Yes his production was great his last season.  But without Eric Moulds and even Josh Reed in the slot, he doesn't have that kind of year.  He benefitted from lot's of single coverage.

The bottom line is, you have to spread the cap space around to a lot of different players, and there are only so many players you can have taking up that kind of cap space.  This isn't the NBA where you can exceed the cap space under certain conditions to retain your own players.  It isn't just a matter of gee, we didn't want to pay him.  It is about allocating a finite amount of cap space over 53 players.

14502[/snapback]

Damn, you must reall do think IM clueless, look guys, COACHES, GM'S, VP'S, PRESIDENT, PLAYER PERSONELL GUYS YOU NAME IT ARE POLITICIANS, THE LIE!! FOR CHRIST SAKE, THEY TELL YOU WHAT YOU NEED TO HEAR ABOUT EVERYTHING REGARDING THE CAP AND OTHER TEAM ISSUES, THEY WANT TO MAKE YOU THINK WHY THEY DID CERTAIN THINGS THAT MAY NOT BEEN A GOOD IDEA, SO YOU CAN AGREE WITH THEIR EVERY DECISION, WHY CAN'T YOU SEE THAT, PEERLESS COULD HAVE BEEN RESIGNED, WHY IS IT THAT HOLT AND BRUCE CAN PLAY TOGETHER??? HOW COME THE PANTHERS JUST RESIGNED STEVE SMITH ALONGSIDE MUSHIN MUHAMMAD?? WAKE THE HELL UP PEOPLE

Kelly don't we have somebody by the name of uuhhh Travis Henry, I would have love to Kept Peerless alongside Moulds, and Henry, instead of banking on McGahee and Evans, who are both by the way coming off KNEE INJURIES, Price and Henry are already proven in this league

14506[/snapback]

Jay, you're missing the point. Would TD have liked to retain PP? Of course he would have. For anywhere near $40 Million? No. You cannot allocate that kind of cap space to two WR's.

TD didn't let PP go knowing he could get McGahee. He gave up Peerless Price because he couldn't afford to allocate that kind of cap space to two WRs. The fact that he got a first round draft pick was merely a good move to get something for a guy who was going to leave anyway.

14506[/snapback]

I like Peerless, and wanted TD to try and keep him. I lobbied for it hard here. But when Alanta was willing to pay him 40 million there is no way that TD could agree to that. So all you have to say is that you agree, you would rather have Peerless Price than McGahee, Evans, 15 million dollars and Takeo Spikes, because if we signed PP we couldnt have signed TKO. :lol:

let me ask you guys a question What if Peerless this year with a healthy Mike Vick and Matt Schaub looking impressive catches 90 passes again for over 1200 yards and 9 TD's, the same thing he did the year he left and makes it to the Pro Bowl then what will you guys say then??? Eric Moulds is not a top 5 wideout, but got paid though

let me ask you guys a question What if Peerless this year with a healthy Mike Vick and Matt Schaub looking impressive catches 90 passes again for over 1200 yards and 9 TD's, the same thing he did the year he left and makes it to the Pro Bowl then what will you guys say then??? Eric Moulds is not a top 5 wideout, but got paid though

14533[/snapback]

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts,

it'd be Christmas all year round.

CW

14533[/snapback]

Are you now insinuating that Peerless is a top five WR and Moulds is not? Or that Peerless is simply better than Moulds? I didn't think so.

I would fully expect Peerless, as the only option in Atlanta until Jenkins is ready, with Michael Vick at QB, in a WCO, to catch approximately 90 balls and 1000+ yards and 7-9 TDs this year. Anything less and he will be considered a disappointment. Furthermore, even if we kept PP last year, considering the injury to Moulds, making PP into the #1 WR, and considering our coaching and our OL play and our QB play, do you really think that Peerless instead of Josh Reed would have single-handedly made this team 8-8 or 9-7 or 10-6 instead of 6-10?

Jay, you're missing the point.  Would TD have liked to retain PP?  Of course he would have.  For anywhere near $40 Million?  No.  You cannot allocate that kind of cap space to two WR's.

TD didn't let PP go knowing he could get McGahee.  He gave up Peerless Price because he couldn't afford to allocate that kind of cap space to two WRs.  The fact that he got a first round draft pick was merely a good move to get something for a guy who was going to leave anyway.

14519[/snapback]

I look at it like we franchised PP, took the money we would've paid him and obtained TKO (awesome!), and took the pick from Atlanta and got WM.

I think that's a good trade-off. Our defense got way way better, and our offense sucked because the O-Line wasn't any good. Well, hopefully that's been addressed, but we'll have to wait and see. I don't think having PP would've made our offense any better last year, because there was no time for Drew to throw the ball. 1, 2, SACK!

Production (past or future) is irrelevant when considering what two Pro Bowl Salaries would do to the Bill's cap situation and other positions on the team. And once again , I loved Peerless but he cannot hold EM's jock. Sorry.

BTW, Isaac Bruce is old and unselfish.... That's why Holt and he can co-exist.

No Kelly Im not I said previously that I don't believe that he's in a class with Moss, TO, Harrison, Holt, but what's the difference between what Peerless want's and what Moulds wanted after his contract was up and had a great year, Eric wasn't a top 5 receiver at the time and still is not but got paid didnt he??? but the difference was is that Reed was at the end of the line and we didn't have anybody so WE HAD TO RESIGN HIM, he was talking about going to play basketball or something, So when Peerless tries the samething we say no you aint worth it, but Eric did the same stevestojan, and please don't ask me anything about Josh Reed

Damn, you must reall do think IM clueless, look guys, COACHES, GM'S, VP'S, PRESIDENT, PLAYER PERSONELL GUYS YOU NAME IT ARE POLITICIANS, THE LIE!! FOR CHRIST SAKE, THEY TELL YOU WHAT YOU NEED TO HEAR ABOUT EVERYTHING REGARDING THE CAP AND OTHER TEAM ISSUES, THEY WANT TO MAKE YOU THINK WHY THEY DID CERTAIN THINGS THAT MAY NOT BEEN A GOOD IDEA, SO YOU CAN AGREE WITH THEIR EVERY DECISION, WHY CAN'T YOU SEE THAT, PEERLESS COULD HAVE BEEN RESIGNED, WHY IS IT THAT HOLT AND BRUCE CAN PLAY TOGETHER??? HOW COME THE PANTHERS JUST RESIGNED STEVE SMITH ALONGSIDE MUSHIN MUHAMMAD?? WAKE THE HELL UP PEOPLE

14518[/snapback]

You want to know how Bruce and Holt play together? Look at the Rams defensive depth chart and that will give you your answer.

DT 92 Damione Lewis 69 Bernard Holsey 73 Jimmy Kennedy

NT 79 Ryan Pickett 98 Brian Howard 0 David Thompson

RDE 94 Bryce Fisher 95 Anthony Hargrove 99 Sean Moran

SLB 54 Brandon Chillar 51 Tony Newson 59 Brandon Spoon

MLB 55 Robert Thomas 57 Trev Faulk

WLB 50 Pisa Tinoisamoa 52 Tommy Polley

LCB 23 Jerametrius Butler 20 Dwight Anderson 32 Tom Knight

They're starting 4 rookies on defense this year. except for their safeties, their entire starting defense averages less than 3 years of experience!

Steve Smith's deal is $27.5 Million for six years, Peerless signed for $40 Million over 7 years and a $10 Million signing bonus with other bonuses as well. Moreover, there were lot's of rumors that Muhammed might be released this year due to his high cap figure.

Your "they lie to us to make us except their decisions" conspiracy theory is quite disturbing dude. The reality is, the cap limit is what it is. Player's cap values are what they are. Could Peerless have been signed by the Bills? Sure! But you would have had to forego some other vets like say Sam Adams, Laywer Milloy. Or perhaps we should have resigned Peerless instead of signing Takeo. It's all about tradeoffs.

Hey Fez what you scared of man, you afraid he might have a MONSTER YEAR, I just asked a question my man,

14583[/snapback]

Blah blah blah.

Blah blah blah.

I'm tired of reading the same posts by you over and over when you IGNORE WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING!

PP wanted to be the #1 receiver. It wasn't just about money. And even if it was just about money, we couldn't afford him AND improve our defense.

Nuff said.

CW

Buffalo Bob, despite what you might think about their defense, AREN'T THEY IN THE PLAYOFFS??? AREN'T THEY COMPETITIVE, IN 2002 WE WERE 8-8 and on the come up in the league, according to you guys TD made the right decision, AND NO WE SUCK, IM NOT UNDESTANDING YOU GUYS, WERE GOING BACKWARDS, AND YOUR MUSHIN MUHAMMAD POINT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE, BECUASE GUESS WHAT, HE'S STILL A PANTHER, AND AS FAR AS THE CAP ISSUE THEY DON'T TELL YOU WHAT CAN BE TWEAKED, WHAT CAN MADE THIS WAY IN ORDER FOR THIS TO BE THAT WAY, ALL THEY TELL YOU IS IS A FIGURE, THAT IS MEANINGLESS TO ME, IT'S WHAT YOU DO WITH IT THAT COUNT'S, AND ALL THOSE GUYS YOU NAME THAT WE MENTIONED THAT WE SIGNED GOT US 6-10 MY MAN

Buffalo Bob, despite what you might think about their defense, AREN'T THEY IN THE PLAYOFFS??? AREN'T THEY COMPETITIVE??, IN 2002 WE WERE 8-8 and on the come up in the league, according to you guys TD made the right decision, AND NO WE SUCK, IM NOT UNDESTANDING YOU GUYS, WERE GOING BACKWARD, AND YOUR MUSHIN MUHAMMAD POINT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE, BECUASE GUESS WHAT, HE'S STILL A PANTHER, AND AS FAR AS THE CAP ISSUE THEY DON'T TELL YOU WHAT CAN BE TWEAKED, WHAT CAN MADE THIS WAY IN ORDER FOR THIS TO BE THAT WAY, ALL THEY TELL YOU IS IS A FIGURE, THAT IS MEANINGLESS TO ME, IT'S WHAT YOU DO WITH IT THAT COUNT'S, AND ALL THOSE GUYS YOU NAME THAT WE MENTIONED THAT WE SIGNED GOT US 6-10 MY MAN

14591[/snapback]

Turn off the caps key dude.

And read the CBA about how the cap works -- it's not some mystical secret, you can figure out how it works. After you read it over and realize that you're not making any sense at all, then come back and apologize.

No Kelly Im not I said previously that I don't believe that he's in a class with Moss, TO, Harrison, Holt, but what's the difference between what Peerless want's and what Moulds wanted after his contract was up and had a great year, Eric wasn't a top 5 receiver at the time and still is not but got paid didnt he??? but the difference was is that Reed was at the end of the line and we didn't have anybody so WE HAD TO RESIGN HIM, he was talking about going to play basketball or something, So when Peerless tries the samething we say no you aint worth it, but Eric did the same stevestojan, and please don't ask me anything about Josh Reed

14575[/snapback]

You're right Jay, Moulds wasn't a top 5 receiver when he re- signed.... He was a TOP 3 RECEIVER. :lol: AND signed a VERY reasonable contract to boot :(

Hey Fez what you scared of man, you afraid he might have a MONSTER YEAR, I just asked a question my man,

14583[/snapback]

Jay, what is it about the cap limitations that you don't understand? Or perhaps the question is, what about the cap do you understand?

It doesn't matter if he has a monster year!

Would you have rather had Peerless and not signed Takeo? Or how about Takeo instead of Sam Adams and Lawyer Milloy?

The issue is tradeoffs. We went into the season last year with less than a $1Million in cap space. Price's cap hit last year alone was $2 Million, and you need some space in the case of an emergency. You can't just say, pay him the money. You also have to say who we would give up to pay him the money.

So you tell me, who should we have given up. Not only that, but as PP's cap figure shoots to $8 Million per year in the next two years, what younger players are you willing to let walk because of that chunk of cap space he is taking up?

Or should we have dumped Moulds and kept Peerless? Had Price been willing to accpet a Steve Smith contract, we might have been able to squeeze him in, otherwise you have to give up players elsewhere.