It's all in the QB

Kodiak

Everyone here seems obsessed with the search for a H.C. when we need to be focusing on the QB position. Belichick sucked in Cleveland and wasn't tearing it up in New England until Brady, Shanny died in Denver once Elway was done and was stinking it up in Washington until RGIII, Indy was horrible last year withou Manning yet are very competitive after adding Luck and Denver has gone to home field advantage throughout the playoffs by simply adding Manning to the roster. Do we see a trend here??????? YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED AN ABOVE AVERAGE QB IN THE NFL TO COMPETE!!!!! Until we find / draft a quality QB we will remain at the bottom of the AFC and the league regardless of who walks our great sidelines. Happy New Year and cheers to looking forward to another NFL Draft and hopefully Denver beating down the Pats this post season!!!!!

My worry is we sign/draft someone just because we feel forced to. Who is available as an FA or draft pick that can be a difference maker?

PTR

Joe Flacco is the only name that jumps out, although I doubt he makes it to free agency--- not to mention, he has a number of drawbacks.

My worry is we sign/draft someone just because we feel forced to. Who is available as an FA or draft pick that can be a difference maker?

PTR

Yes but to do nothing and try to make a go with Fitz is more of the same. I realize it's a reach with this QB class but would rather take a shot on an unknown then bring in someone who has already been a failure elsewhere in the NFL. Do you really think the Pat's were counting future SuperBowl rings when they drafted Brady or that Seattle thought Wilson would be as productive offensively as of late? Yes it's a crap shoot but you have to take a shot......Nobody could have seen how well things would have turned out for Jim Kelly in Buffalo......Let's be aggressive with finding a QB.....been way too long!

Everyone here seems obsessed with the search for a H.C. when we need to be focusing on the QB position.

Ummmmm...maybe getting a QB is something that an incoming HC would want a say in along with the GM. It's January 1st. Free Agency doesn't begin until March and the draft isn't until April. If you wait that long to get a HC, it won't matter who you get at QB. First thing's first. You get your HC and he gets his assistants and the FO then focuses on a new QB. Chill out and enjoy the process. Happy Hew Year. :beer:

Piss poor play calling will sack any QB. Wrong and very bad post....

Actually it is a great post, totally on target. Many of the quality coaching candidates look at Buffalo as the worse opening mainly due to the fact that there is no QB In place. How do you come up with a game plan if you have someone like Fitztragic who can't even through most of the patterns that are staples in most NFL play books.