Seeking Advice on Week 1 Starting QB

Willyville Guy

I drafted Vick, and then grabbed Green as an insurance policy against the risk of Vick struggling in a new system/getting injured again. I felt good about it at the time, but right now I'm the one struggling with whom to start on week 1. I'm partially inclined to start Green and take a wait-and-see approach with Vick. However, I'll have a tough time benching a guy like Vick who could easily blow up. Any thoughts?

this is a no brainer - Vick is one of the best fantasy Qb's in the NFL. ALso, Green's WR's are dropping like flies. Start Vick until the stats say otherwise or he breaks a leg again.

14458[/snapback]

Actually, I think Vick is one of the worst fantasy QB's, even when healty. Sure, he can put up monster numbers on the ground, when healty, but he really does not do much through the air, at least not yet. Maybe this is his breakout year as a QB, but right now, he is an injury prone, inconsistant, gimmick player. Don't get me wrong, I love watching him play, and he is excitinig and all, but Trent Green is a no-brainer, IMO. Even if Greens WR are banged up, the KC offense is built on big plays. Gonzalez and Holmes willl get their yards throught the air. I say, start Trent Green, until Vick shows some consistancy, health and production wise.

I drafted Vick, and then grabbed Green as an insurance policy against the risk of Vick struggling in a new system/getting injured again.  I felt good about it at the time, but right now I'm the one struggling with whom to start on week 1.  I'm partially inclined to start Green and take a wait-and-see approach with Vick.  However, I'll have a tough time benching a guy like Vick who could easily blow up.  Any thoughts?

14388[/snapback]

It is hard for me to sit a QB on a Monday Night, (Chiefs at Broncos), but, Vick is at the 49ers and right now, the 49ers "D" has a couple of injuries that could make Vick look like a Pro Bowl QB.

I guess I am way in the minority on this one, but I have heard twice in the last three days, and Falcons insiders are saying that Falcons officials are more concerned about Vicks health than they are letting on publicly. The Falcons have installed a new offense, and Vick has seen very little playing time in the offense. He apparently has often looked confused in the west coast offense.

Like I said before, I really like wathcing Vick, but he does not produce great numbers on a consistant basis. If the 49'ers have anything going for them this year, it is that their defense is not completely awful. Unless Vick is 100% healthy, I implore you to start Trent Green.

A few years ago, I fell into the fantasy trap of drafting Donovan McNabb (one of my all time favorite college players). All the fantasy "experts" said he was one of the top 3 fantasy QB's, because he could run, and had a good arm. I drafted him with my first pick, and he killed me. For every 70 yard rushing game he had, he would pass for 130 yards and no td's. He got me comsistant points on the ground, but did nothing through the air, of any consequence. A great player, no doubt, but his point totals were roughly the same as my third running back on any given week. I don't know how your leauge keeps score, but in mine, if you don't have one of the top 5 running backs in the NFL, you better damn well have one of the top 3 qb's, or you have almost no shot at winning.

I could be wrong, but for what it is worth.......

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.