Andy Reids son had Steroids, needles etc... in room

NoSaint

Well, it feels like im posting a weekly "eagles are a disaster" thread here.

sounds like a lot of stuff for one person, but it also doesnt sound like what an nfl player would want to take with testing possible... never looks good when the coaches son is a strength coach for the team and is found with all this when he dies. even best case is just a sad and ugly situation.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20121217_Garrett_Reid_had_steroids_in_room_when_he_died.html

Edited by NoSaint

BTW, I'm glad you post this stuff.

There are some people here like ourselves who are interested by things like this, Bountygate, Toradol, etc. and would rather read something like this than 50 essentially identical topics about the head coach, quarterback, etc.

I have to say that I find Reid's statements to be peculiar at best:

Andy Reid said in a statement Monday afternoon that he is "confident that my son's decisions did not affect our football team in any way."

"I cannot apologize enough for any adverse appearances that my son's actions may have for an organization and a community that has been nothing but supportive of our family.”

BTW, I'm glad you post this stuff.

There are some people here like ourselves who are interested by things like this, Bountygate, Toradol, etc. and would rather read something like this than 50 essentially identical topics about the head coach, quarterback, etc.

I have to say that I find Reid's statements to be peculiar at best:

Andy Reid said in a statement Monday afternoon that he is "confident that my son's decisions did not affect our football team in any way."

"I cannot apologize enough for any adverse appearances that my son's actions may have for an organization and a community that has been nothing but supportive of our family.”

from the outside, it just seems really strange how hes handled it.

i dont know that I (and this isnt limited to the bills) would want to hire him next year, despite his long run of success. seems a bit like a freight train that is scared to stop at this point. i know philbin got back to work quick and is seeming to do alright in miami, but something about reid seems like hes quickly headed for a crash.

Edited by NoSaint

Yes.

I

Is that what they're calling heroin now?

I lost track of this topic when it was moved to "Off the Wall."

The interesting thing about Toradol is that it's so effective that there are probably a very large percentage of players who won't/can't play without it.

NFL football is such a violent sport that I think most people can't even conceive of how much pain these players endure. Many of them have acute and chronic pain every waking moment of their lives. That's why so many have become addicted to painkillers.

The thing about Toradol is that it's a non-narcotic anti-inflammatory and not considered to be physically addictive but certainly I think it could be psychologically addicting for people who are tormented by constant pain.

Anyways it's a very interesting discussion because both sides want the players to be able to take Toradol but neither side wants to have the liability/responsibility of the players having taken it.

Such is the landscape of things since head injuries became a major issue. People are trying to shed liability as they should. It's an interesting dance and I'm not sure what the outcome will be.