Send JP to World League for practice?

AJ1

No.

It would wear him out. He would be too beat up/rundown to be of any use during the 2005 season.

A player cannot be expected to play a full NFL schedule after playing a full WL schedule. It is just asking for JP to be hurt and/or worn out.

1st year players drafted that high never get sent to NFLE. It just doesnt happen.

193337[/snapback]

I agree, but I were pulling the strings, I'd make an exception in this case. His pedigree suggests that he would light up the scoreboard in Europe. Like to see some early proof of his worth.

And pull him after a few weeks play, if that is legal.

Because I'd like to have him get his feet wet and gage his durability.

I think he could use the work and training.

193311[/snapback]

Training camps are so hands-off concerning QBs (JPs injury last camp notwithstanding) for a reason. They get beat the !@#$ up during the season. Could you imagine the fan outrage if this guy gets injured playing for the Scottish Claymores? Forget it, no more sellouts.

It's a total anomaly for a round 1-4 QB to play in NFLE (a la Rohan Davey, who is firmly entrenched behind Tom Brady and may have been there to excite trading options).

Not gonna happen, especially if he is in the plans for the (near) future for this team.

1st year players drafted that high never get sent to NFLE. It just doesnt happen.

193337[/snapback]

Shows you what I know. Chad Johnson was being interviewed on ESPN the other day and he commented that he was going to Europe to play there because there is always something to improve upon. At the time, I couldn't tell if he was serious or not because he was talking to Rich Eison (sp?) and they were getting all giddy with each other.

But if you're a young pro player, why not? Except for the prospect of injury.

But if you're a young pro player, why not? Except for the prospect of injury.

193386[/snapback]

That is the clearly the main reason. Players have to think about their careers. The more games they play, the less games they can play in the future. Football is such a physically draining and damaging sport that it requires time to recover from.

Unless you are a young player looking for a job (ala Ken Simonton etc), there is no reason for you to risk your career to try to squeeze a couple more games in.

From the club's perspective it is too risky. They invest too much money into top draft picks to see them get hurt before they even step onto an NFL field.

Just my two cents...