Knife attack in school injures 22 children

Fezmid

For those who say guns are evil... Do we have to ban knives too?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57559179/china-school-knife-attack-leaves-23-injured/

The attack marks the latest in a series of violent assaults at elementary schools in China. In 2010, a total of 18 children were killed in four separate attacks. On March 23 of that year, Zheng Minsheng attacked children at an elementary school in Fujian Province, killing eight.

One month later, just a few hours after Zheng Minsheng was executed for his crime, another man, Chen Kanbing wounded 16 students and a teacher in a knife attack at another primary school in Fujian. The following month, on May 12, a man named Wu Huangming killed seven children and two adults with a meat cleaver at a kindergarten in Shaanxi Province. That attack was followed by an August 4 assault by Fang Jiantang, who killed three children and one teacher with a knife at a kindergarten in Shandong Province.

So CHINA has a raging knife problem where they execute the perp moments/hours after the murderous act. Says a lot about capital punishment as a method of deterring crime.

Back to the Bowie knives: Let's see this rash and type of violence happen here in the states. "Let's Roll."

Care to take a third wild swing @ the pitch so you can whiff going down in style. ;-) :-P

It took 4 different attacks to kill 18? Heck, this attack almost doubled that number in one attack. Guns!!

Guns!!

Guns!!

Ever see the way they pack 'em into commuter trains in China and Japan? Betcha a person can do a lot of damage... Then there is the passive nature that puts up w/such cultural calamities...

Ever see the way they pack 'em into commuter trains in China and Japan? Betcha a person can do a lot of damage... Then there is the passive nature that puts up w/such cultural calamities...

I'm really surprised a sporting event here hasn't been attacked. This is really terrible, but a place that has ten of thousands, yikes!

By trying to equate death with injury.

First of all, again with the reading comprehension, did you actually READ the article? For example:

"The following month, on May 12, a man named Wu Huangming killed seven children and two adults with a meat cleaver at a kindergarten in Shaanxi Province. That attack was followed by an August 4 assault by Fang Jiantang, who killed three children and one teacher with a knife at a kindergarten in Shandong Province."

Second, how is saying "For those who say guns are evil... Do we have to ban knives too" equal to saying, "Ban guns!" :doh:

Exactly. Why is the OP suddenly supporting a liberal pro-gun-control agenda I wonder?

Grasping at straws, apparently.

Maybe they'll find a biblical quote interpreted as anti-gun ownership that will get the loonie toon righties onboard with banning them. "Lord" knows reason doesn't work with them

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Screw the guns and knives debate. What I find shocking is the swift capital punishment and how it is having ZERO effect on deterring other criminal acts from happening. I mean... They executed the dude 4 hours after the attack. Yet, the attacks keep rolling in. There goes your argument that capital punishment deters this stuff.

Screw the guns and knives debate. What I find shocking is the swift capital punishment and how it is having ZERO effect on deterring other criminal acts from happening. I mean... They executed the dude 4 hours after the attack. Yet, the attacks keep rolling in. There goes your argument that capital punishment deters this stuff.

If someone is psychotic enough to walk into a large populated area and execute random people, chances are they aren't afraid of death.