Maybe it's not ALL the QB

corey g

I've held this position for a while, this year is a great example of my theory. Let's take a look at the playoff teams and contenders.

NE- Mcdaniels Bal- Cameron Cin- Jay Gruden Indy- Arians Pitt- Haley Den- McCoy Hou- Phillips

NY- Gilbride Wash- Haslett Chi- Tice GB- Capers SF-Roman SEA- G Bradley ATL- put in place by Mularkey

This is a list of the coaches on the sides of the ball the HC doesn't specialize in on current contenders. This to me is evidence that effective coaching is more important than any single position. And the most important position on a coaching staff is the one opposite of the coaches expertise. Almost all of these coaches have proven track records of success. With a few exceptions. This to me is just as big a problem as QB and has plauged the team just as long. Schonert Van Pelt, Gray, Edwards. Thoughts?

ok so we like Killdrive now?

Say what you want, but Jerry Gray did a damn good good job with the defense here. Problem was the offense horrible during most of the Williams era.

why did you have to even bring up the Williams era? it just proves the whole point, at the end of the day it comes down to coaching. i know players play but some coaches can take either squad and win.

Did we win last week?

Did we win the week before? Did we win as many as we could and should have? Did we play lowly pathetic JAX last week? Have we done well in our divisional games? Lol...but we won last week so I guess it's all good right

Edited by Alphadawg7

It wasn't fair to insert Gray, it was counter to my point. Williams has a defensive background obviously

Say what you want, but Jerry Gray did a damn good good job with the defense here. Problem was the offense horrible during most of the Williams era.

I said ALMOST all the coaches, KILLDRIVE is no genius that's for sure

What was so great about Jerry Gray? All he did was blitz without any creativity sending everyone outside. Amazing how they never looped anyone inside the tackle

Coaching is just as big of a problem as the QB

Edited by Max997

Did we win the week before? Did we win as many as we could and should have? Did we play lowly pathetic JAX last week? Have we done well in our divisional games? Lol...but we won last week so I guess it's all good right

It seems on this board no matter what, putting up 34 in a monsoon for example and running the ball down the throat of an NFL team, we just cant wait to B word about how much we should have done. Honestly its draining as a poster and a big reason why I consider leaving this place every week

It seems on this board no matter what, putting up 34 in a monsoon for example and running the ball down the throat of an NFL team, we just cant wait to B word about how much we should have done. Honestly its draining as a poster and a big reason why I consider leaving this place every week

I am not the doom and gloom guy that some other posters are, but also realize the team is flawed. I merely tried to begin an intelligent discussion, instead of the 67,407th thread about how if we draft a QB, ANY QB, we will suddenly have no problems

What was so great about Jerry Gray? All he did was blitz without any creativity sending everyone outside. Amazing how they never looped anyone inside the tackle

Coaching is just as big of a problem as the QB

I agree about the latter statement, however with former Gray may not have been creative, but his defenses kept the yardage low and the turnovers coming. Gray got a lot of out of his talent, while the other jokes at OC and HC were bigger problems during his era.

What are you talking about? I swear, some people need to just put their big boy pants already. Who is complaining about the win? Seriously, show me one thread someone started to complain about the JAX win. The OP started a thread of merit to talk about the potential flaws of a team with a LOSING record and some things to look at moving forward and all you can do is whine "well we won last week" as if that has anything to do with things that trouble this team or the logical questions of the OP and fellow posters here.

I'm tired of the people trying to validate losing seasons, under achieving players, and coaching mistakes. Losers settle for that garbage and try and make it smell like roses. Lots of people are tired of paying good money for gear, directv, tickets etc to support a losing product that's been paraded out there for more than a decade. This season was even worse than ever because it had such high expectations coming in.

And guess what, you and some others complain about all the Fitz threads for instance, yet the funny thing is that a lot of those Fitz threads are ones trying to validate him. Its getting really annoying listening to people complain about the number of threads bashing Fitz for instance when so many of them are topics started to try and validate him or spin him into being a good QB. This board has a lot of Fitz defense threads...and guess what, when you start one you are going to get people from both sides participating. And most people are smart enough to realize he is part of the problem, so those threads are going to attract them.

More importantly if you don't like it, don't open the thread. Really not that complicated, I mean the thread topic is written in English for all to read. Why not skip the ones you don't like and participate in ones you do or start your own? You think anyone cares about people threatening to leave the board? I mean really...enough with the victim stories, this team has problems and people are going to discuss that because we sure don't get to discuss divisional titles, playoffs, winning records, big wins against good teams, divisional wins, or Super Bowls. This time of year it's about draft picks, FAs, players to sign, coaches and problems...that's the Bills way for more than a decade now.

Edited by Alphadawg7