More Byrd praise, from PFF

l< j

With our defense turning the corner and actually getting after the passer, Byrd may actually like the idea of staying in Buffalo. Money is a factor, but it's not the only factor. Maybe he stays. Maybe someone makes an offer he can't refuse. I think he will command a big payday. The real question is will the Bills make an offer he can't refuse? Hitting FA is no doubt going to raise the price tag, but if the Bills make an offer before that happens. it might be big enough to persuade him to stay.

Who knows? It's hard to figure.

Really think his agent didn't know what was on the table, in rough terms? You believe he didn't have offers in hand from 3-4 teams before signing?

I don't because its called tampering. I could see the Saints, or pats* try crap like that.But even teams that cheat aren't prone to giving offers before FA period begins. it's not happening "Offers in hand" not a chance.I'll take a link to prove me wrong though too. I don't know maybe its legal to put an offer in hand before free agency begins? I doubt it though.

"Buffalo Bills: Jarius Byrd was already one of the elite safeties in the league, but in 2012 he has been even better. He had an interception on one in every 11 balls thrown his way, and this year he has intercepted an astounding one in every three passes thrown his way."

So with that int rate, how do we get the other teams to throw more in his direction? And is that a meaningful stat? As a FS, are passes really "thrown his way"?

Anyway, he's a keeper.

https://www.profootb...ations-week-13/

I am big fan of his, and I loved it on draft night when the Bills drafted him. I got mocked a lot for it as so many were pissed, but I kept telling anyone we just drafted the best FS prospect in the draft even though he was listed as a DB. I watched him play a lot in college and was always taken back by his ability to be around the ball and make plays. So happy to see that carry over to the NFL and pray we sign him ASAP.

FWIW I had the same excitement on draft night with Ron Brooks...so lets hope my intuition on him pans out the same way. I think Brooks is going to be a very good DB for us for a long time (assuming the Bills don't let him walk as a FA...for someone reason we struggle to resign DB's here).