Indy's Selective PO Game Scheduling

Not that I like the Jags but, I would be pissed at what Tony Dungy said on ESPN Monday. He said: "After realizing that Buffalo lost, we decided to not show a lot of stuff we want to do with Denver, since we would play them again."

WTF? This isn't laying down?... Now they are picking teams to play? AGAIN, YOU PLAY TO WIN... That is why I like the Steelers, very classy and honest!

Hey Tony! "Keep it under your Stetson!" There still are other teams that are "in play."

And what was it with Manning last Monday night? Talking with a forked tongue?

;):doh:

Anyway... At least it couldn't have happened to a better guy than Del Rio and the Jags! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Right...teams that earned an early playoff spot haven't also earned the right to be as prepared as possible for the upcoming playoff game.  ;)

:doh:

192005[/snapback]

The Jags were still in play... If Indy beat Denver, the Jags would have been in.

Not saying that... Just that he should have kept it quiet. Out of fair competition, there is things better not said.

Not very classy.

The Jags were still in play... If Indy beat Denver, the Jags would have been in.

Not saying that... Just that he should have kept it quiet.  Out of fair competition, there is things better not said.

Not very classy.

192006[/snapback]

I see your point. However, put yourself in the Dolts' shoes. Do you risk your franchise being hurt in a game that's meaningless for your because a team in your division has a chance to get into the dance? How stupid does Dungy look if Manning goes down on a fluke play?

There is little "class" in professional sports. Teams will do what is best for them.

Just my $0.02.

I see your point. However, put yourself in the Dolts' shoes. Do you risk your franchise being hurt in a game that's meaningless for your because a team in your division has a chance to get into the dance? How stupid does Dungy look if Manning goes down on a fluke play?

There is little "class" in professional sports. Teams will do what is best for them.

Just my $0.02.

192007[/snapback]

It is a fine line. I just think it was out of place for him to mention the workings.

It is just a shame that all teams can't get fair competition all 16 games.

This is the down side. I hope Indy loses because they didn't play to win, they played to be "cute."

This isn't about playing Manning either, I have no bones about sitting him. It is about they game the called... Obviously, they were in postion to pick the team they wanted in the PO's... I hope it bites them in the arse for being choosy.

;)

Not that I like the Jags but, I would be pissed at what Tony Dungy said on ESPN Monday.  He said: "After realizing that Buffalo lost, we decided to not show a lot of stuff we want to do with Denver, since we would play them again."

WTF?  This isn't laying down?... Now they are picking teams to play?  AGAIN, YOU PLAY TO WIN... That is why I like the Steelers, very classy and honest!

Hey Tony!  "Keep it under your Stetson!"  There still are other teams that are "in play."

And what was it with Manning last Monday night?  Talking with a forked tongue?

;)  :doh:

Anyway... At least it couldn't have happened to a better guy than Del Rio and the Jags!  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

192001[/snapback]

Pittsburgh did not play to win.....it was just that their backups were better than our first string. Indy did the same thing as Pitt, but Denver stepped up and met the challenge, and Buffalo did not.

Not that I like the Jags but, I would be pissed at what Tony Dungy said on ESPN Monday.  He said: "After realizing that Buffalo lost, we decided to not show a lot of stuff we want to do with Denver, since we would play them again."

WTF?  This isn't laying down?... Now they are picking teams to play?  AGAIN, YOU PLAY TO WIN... That is why I like the Steelers, very classy and honest!

Hey Tony!  "Keep it under your Stetson!"  There still are other teams that are "in play."

And what was it with Manning last Monday night?  Talking with a forked tongue?

;)  :doh:

Anyway... At least it couldn't have happened to a better guy than Del Rio and the Jags!  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

192001[/snapback]

And if Buffalo was in the exact same position they would've done the same thing. It would've been ok then. Who cares that he came out and said something that we all already knew? Give me a break.

And if Buffalo was in the exact same position they would've done the same thing. It would've been ok then. Who cares that he came out and said something that we all already knew? Give me a break.

192130[/snapback]

Exactly. Gale Gilbert played the last game of the season during one of our Superbowl runs. Nuff said. (although I really wished Gilbert had some more playing time; he looked great in preseason here in Buffalo, and helped the Chargers get to the Superbowl the year after he left us as well; only player in NFL history to go to 5 consecutive Super Bowls!).

CW

192001[/snapback]

Steelers....Classy.....Pleeeez....Did you see the smirk on Cowhers face

after completing that 4th and 1 in the 4th qtr...It looked like he was showing

it to TD.

Any team would have done that, if they had the choice.... The steelers

did not have to pick and chose their playoff opponent, hence they did not

play like that. If the steelers were in the same situation as the colts, they

would have done exactly the same thing.....

If the steelers were going to play the bills next week in the playoffs, then

all the blitzing and stunts would be removed from their play book for the

week.

A team that wins their way into the playoffs owes nothing to the other teams. If they want to start their cheerleaders, that is their right. If you want to make the playoffs, win your games. Jacksonville and Baltimore have no right to whine. They weren't good enough, 'nuff said. As a coach, Dungy needs to do whatever he thinks is best to advance his team. I do agree, however, that while doing what is best for your team it might be best to keep it under your hat a little.