Romney's Unbusinesslike Campaign

Considering how exclusive his campaign was run... I am right on the the money. Hardly sad on my part. Romney garnered his lion's share of votes from one part of the population: White males. If the shoe fits wear it... That is a sign of a stupid, incompetent douche... Thinking he could win with such an exclusive base of voters! I am sorry the truth hurts. Blame him, not me.

Well I'm sure he would have liked 95% of the black vote too.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering how exclusive his campaign was run... I am right on the the money. Hardly sad on my part. Romney garnered his lion's share of votes from one part of the population: White males. If the shoe fits wear it... That is a sign of a stupid, incompetent douche... Thinking he could win with such an exclusive base of voters! I am sorry the truth hurts. Blame him, not me.

How is "trying to get the economy to a balanced budget and strong growth" only exclusively campaigning on the white male vote?

So are blacks, latinos, women, arabs, chinese, college students, gays, lesbos, morons not going to benefit from a growing economy that doesn't have massive debt?

more gloating, beating a dead horse, and otherwise partisan hackmanship.

Jim Messina on why Obama won. Funny how media coverage wasn't mentioned, but he must be covering up how the leftist media won the day. Instead, it was mostly about good ole' grass roots campaigning.

Messina didn’t cite the Romney campaign’s failure to answer the summer attack ads as the biggest mistake made by the Republican. Instead, he pointed to the television ad they ran in Ohio claiming Jeep was sending jobs to China.

"They ended up spending the last 14 days of the election on the defense, and day after day they had to answer for their ad,” Messina said.

more gloating, beating a dead horse, and otherwise partisan hackmanship. Jim Messina on why Obama won. Funny how media coverage wasn't mentioned, but he must be covering up how the leftist media won the day. Instead, it was mostly about good ole' grass roots campaigning.

Ummm... I'm not sure I understand.

Do you actually think Obama's mouthpiece will say that the media was in the bag for him?

more gloating, beating a dead horse, and otherwise partisan hackmanship.

Jim Messina on why Obama won. Funny how media coverage wasn't mentioned, but he must be covering up how the leftist media won the day. Instead, it was mostly about good ole' grass roots campaigning.

I think most here agree that Obama, if nothing else, has run two very strong campaigns. Substance on the other hand....

Ummm... I'm not sure I understand.

Do you actually think Obama's mouthpiece will say that the media was in the bag for him?

he isn't the mouthpiece, that would be Stephanie Cutter. He's the Campaign Manager and he listed the biggest reasons why he won. I have trouble believing that, if the media was a significant part of winning, he'd wouldn't find a way to mention it, even in an indirect way. I'm guessing he doesn't believe it, nor do most of the campaign. Actually, he went out of his way to say that knocking on doors and GOTV investments (aided by high tech) won. That flies in the face of media shifting the electorate.

he isn't the mouthpiece, that would be Stephanie Cutter. He's the Campaign Manager and he listed the biggest reasons why he won. I have trouble believing that, if the media was a significant part of winning, he'd wouldn't find a way to mention it, even in an indirect way. I'm guessing he doesn't believe it, nor do most of the campaign. Actually, he went out of his way to say that knocking on doors and GOTV investments (aided by high tech) won. That flies in the face of media shifting the electorate.

I doubt that.

I think most here agree that Obama, if nothing else, has run two very strong campaigns. Substance on the other hand....

I agree.

Stop it. Stop all the excuse making... It is really unbecoming for such proud conservatives you are making Ronny Ray Gun roll over in his grave. Start being accountable. Romney lost because he sucks. But carry on, blame this, blame that... Obama gave gifts, liberal media conspiracy had it in the bag for Obama... Etc... Etc... LoL

Suck it up... Romney was schooled...Plain and simple. He couldn't lead himself out of paper bag let alone this great country! Like crying why the good teams beat up on the Bills... They (the good organizations) are more talented as a team, have better plans, and execute leadership on a whole 'nother plane than the Bills... Yet, the Bills fans are always betting on the tragic demise of these teams... Going on how many years now? LoL Romney must be a Bills fan, surely the Pats* wouldn't want this disaster, Romney, near their team! He is from MA... Maybe we can send him to the Pats* as general manager... Bills will start beating NE.

Is this gloating? You betcha it is! LoL..

Stop it. Stop all the excuse making... It is really unbecoming for such proud conservatives you are making Ronny Ray Gun roll over in his grave. Start being accountable. Romney lost because he sucks. But carry on, blame this, blame that... Obama gave gifts, liberal media conspiracy had it in the bag for Obama... Etc... Etc... LoL

Suck it up... Romney was schooled...Plain and simple. He couldn't lead himself out of paper bag let alone this great country! Like crying why the good teams beat up on the Bills... They (the good organizations) are more talented as a team, have better plans, and execute leadership on a whole 'nother plane than the Bills... Yet, the Bills fans are always betting on the tragic demise of these teams... Going on how many years now? LoL Romney must be a Bills fan, surely the Pats* wouldn't want this disaster, Romney, near their team! He is from MA... Maybe we can send him to the Pats* as general manager... Bills will start beating NE.

Is this gloating? You betcha it is! LoL..

We agree moron. He was schooled but that doesn't mean the media isn't in the bag for Obama.

Largely uniformed populace = Fox News watchers and/or those that get their information solely from right wing bloggers or talk radio hosts

Are you saying that lefties are informed? Have you ever seen a !@#$ing episode of Bill Maher? Most of the people on PPP are conservative. Even if you don't agree with their ideology ,would you label any of them "uninformed'?

Are you saying that lefties are informed? Have you ever seen a !@#$ing episode of Bill Maher? Most of the people on PPP are conservative. Even if you don't agree with their ideology ,would you label any of them "uninformed'?

no, I'm not saying that, but on the whole, the republican base exists in an information bubble, ignoring anything that conflicts with their beliefs. Sure, some on the left suffer in the same way, but there's more than enough anecdotal evidence that the former are consistently uniformed. To answer your question about PPP, I'd say, yeah, there's lots of PPP contributors that are uniformed, because they refuse to consider any possible alternative to their way of thinking, and don't bother getting other viewpoints.

Personally, I watch both sides news programs and read both side's pundits, and if someone makes a compelling argument, they can convince me or change my viewpoint.

Edited by In-A-Gadda-Levitre

no, I'm not saying that, but on the whole, the republican base exists in an information bubble, ignoring anything that conflicts with their beliefs. Sure, some on the left suffer in the same way, but there's more than enough anecdotal evidence that the former are consistently uniformed.

Once again I respectfully disagree. I used to frequent a forum that was primarily lefty and most of these users had a lack of understanding of anything including tying their shoe laces. Of course the demographic of lefties is usually young and in school.

Speaking of Messina, he said that Jon Huntsman would have been a pretty tough candidate to beat in the general election. I know many Democrats and Moderates who liked him, including me.

Link to comments: http://www.politico....-candidate.html

He wasn't "crazy" enough for the Republican Party I know...

I agree on both points. He was attractive candidate to many centrists and moderates, but not crazy enough to make it past the primaries. It's very likely that the Obama camp knew he was a formidable candidate and put him in China to hamper his fundraising and campaign prep.

He wasn't "crazy" enough for the Republican Party I know...

Yeah, that "crazy" Romney...

I agree on both points. He was attractive candidate to many centrists and moderates, but not crazy enough to make it past the primaries. It's very likely that the Obama camp knew he was a formidable candidate and put him in China to hamper his fundraising and campaign prep.

And a guy who was a Republican governor of a Dem state shouldn't have appealed to centrists and moderates?