Some observations about the game and telecast

zow2

+100000000!! They were lighting a lot of it on fire, on the shore of the Nile, when we were there. Blech.

Couldn't even enjoy the history most of the time because you were constantly being harassed.

We took a "cruise ship" up the Nile, which was awesome, but we came to the locks and had to wait at night for our turn to go through. Our ship captain turned on our spotlight and there was a ship ahead of us, with four guys dumping the garbage into the water. They saw that we saw and ran inside. I'm guessing this is common practice. Unreal.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will never forget the mountain of garbage everywhere I went in Cairo. While cool historically, I would never return to Egypt.

+100000000!! They were lighting a lot of it on fire, on the shore of the Nile, when we were there. Blech.

Couldn't even enjoy the history most of the time because you were constantly being harassed.

Did you go with your wives/gfs or any females in the group? If so, how did that work out? Ive heard consistent horror stories about women tourists getting assaulted, and their husbands having to fend off men. Any similar experiences?

Lol. Interesting you ask that. I was with 14 teenagers, 13 of them female (school group). We got dropped off in a sketchy area when we were looking for the tourist bazaar. Long story short, some Moroccan guy said he'd show us where it was and pretty much tried to take us to a secluded place. We bolted, he swore at us and I am convinced those girls would have been slaves somewhere. Not my kinda place.

Did you go with your wives/gfs or any females in the group? If so, how did that work out? Ive heard consistent horror stories about women tourists getting assaulted, and their husbands having to fend off men. Any similar experiences?

Maybe it depends on who your guides are. Travel with GAP (great adventure people) and they keep that stuff to a minimum. If at all, unless in the touristy areas, and if you're on your own. They are also very good at warning of potential local scams, pick pockets whatever.

That said and in these times there is no good reason to go there. Imagine being in Spain the past week even. OUS travelling now requires one to do their homework.

• 2 weeks later...

Yea, to bad EDDIE the chimp sadly passed away years ago. A legendary primate.

I never had the pleasure, but my older brother always talks about him. Apparently he

would deficate and sling it at people, as well as pleasure himself in front of the zoo

visistors. That would be great for primetime viewing.

Edited by Tu-Toned