Steve Mariucci sees bright future for Fitzpatrick in Buffalo

HOUSE

Speak for yourself. I'd be on cloud nine with a playoff appearance.

I'd be happy about a winning season

Since 2009, a good portion of his points come in 'garbage time'--meaning, we've already lost the game--meaning, being down by 14 or more points due to countless scoreless drives and drive killing ints commanded by Fitz--

And yet, when teams down by 14 or more points, score more points than the opposition has on the board, it's called a "comeback win".

Tell me o Student of Wisdom, how do you judge the difference except retrospectively?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since 2009, a good portion of his points come in 'garbage time'--meaning, we've already lost the game--meaning, being down by 14 or more points due to countless scoreless drives and drive killing ints commanded by Fitz--

Another 'garbage time' QB example is Carson Palmer.

Late in the 4th, it's pretty nice to throw a TD or two against second stringers when the game is out of reach.

Edit: Fitz is now 19-31 as a Bills starter and while under Gailey he is 3-13 vs. the AFC East.

An interesting stat... in the Gailey/Fitz years we have only beat 3 teams at/over .500...all three in 2011!

Denver finished 8-8

Philadelphia finished 8-8

Patriots finished 13-3

Ummm, forgot 2011 Raiders finished 8-8.

Also in 2009 Fitz led the Bills to a comeback win against the Jets, who finished 9-7, he beat the Panthers(8-8) and the Colts(14-2). That was with dead Dick in charge though. Maybe Chan is hampering Fitz?? Ya never know.

Edited by FreakPop