Black Ops 2

section122

I can't be the only nerd on here. Anyone else get this? I'm on ps3. Mad there is no dedicated servers but even madder that it takes forever between matches. Oh well I'm sure it will be fixed soon :doh: .

What are thoughts on the game so far? The campaign visually is incredible but I've only gone through 2 missions.

Edit: If interested I'll share my psn name... bo1 2.38 k/d (told you I was a nerd)

Edited by section122

What do you mean no zombies? This game is filthy with zombies. Three modes this time.

excelllllenttttt.....is it like the last black ops with zombies where there are maps and zombies come in waves and you can just cut em down? what are the diff. zombie modes?

excelllllenttttt.....is it like the last black ops with zombies where there are maps and zombies come in waves and you can just cut em down? what are the diff. zombie modes?

There is a tranzit mode which appears to be a storyline mode and then the classic mode. Not sure about the third as I generally stick to multi player. It seems good so far too. As usual it's a bit tough to adjust to the graphics and the +100 for kills comes up smaller than I'd like so I find myself shooting dead bodies or stop shooting early as I feel I have put enough in to kill them.

I swore I wouldn't buy this unless they had dedicated servers but I'm a sheep. It's really the only game I play anymore and do it more to be social with friends that have moved away.

That's a lie I'm at work and can't wait to get home to play!

There is zombies and a few different modes. The stock maps that come with the game suck though compared to Kino de Toten in BO1. This is only in context to the classic survival mode I have played in BO2. Havn't tried Transit or Grief mode.

There is also offline bots multiplayer for those with shoddy or bandwith limited internet. Tons of gameplay options for those folks.

There is a tranzit mode which appears to be a storyline mode and then the classic mode. Not sure about the third as I generally stick to multi player. It seems good so far too. As usual it's a bit tough to adjust to the graphics and the +100 for kills comes up smaller than I'd like so I find myself shooting dead bodies or stop shooting early as I feel I have put enough in to kill them.

I swore I wouldn't buy this unless they had dedicated servers but I'm a sheep. It's really the only game I play anymore and do it more to be social with friends that have moved away.

That's a lie I'm at work and can't wait to get home to play!

call me un-nerdy, but what does the dedicated servers do? make online play faster? ive never had an issue playing online with ps3 for any game...

call me un-nerdy, but what does the dedicated servers do? make online play faster? ive never had an issue playing online with ps3 for any game...

you sir are among the few lucky ones. Dedicated servers takes the hosting out of the gameplayers hands and puts it on a server hosted by the game company (treyarch in this case). This solves many issues not the least of which is lag and lag switching. The current format is p2p hosting where someone randomly gets assigned as host of the game. Depending on their connection this can be a great benefit to them (move faster, see players earlier, shoot more truer to the aim) or be a great detriment (basically the opposite of the benefits listed). Lag is a huge problem with these games and one that would be improved (not solved unfortunately but still) with dedicated servers.

With all of the money they have made from this franchise it would just be them throwing the players a bone. A much deserved but more importantly needed bone.

you sir are among the few lucky ones. Dedicated servers takes the hosting out of the gameplayers hands and puts it on a server hosted by the game company (treyarch in this case). This solves many issues not the least of which is lag and lag switching. The current format is p2p hosting where someone randomly gets assigned as host of the game. Depending on their connection this can be a great benefit to them (move faster, see players earlier, shoot more truer to the aim) or be a great detriment (basically the opposite of the benefits listed). Lag is a huge problem with these games and one that would be improved (not solved unfortunately but still) with dedicated servers.

With all of the money they have made from this franchise it would just be them throwing the players a bone. A much deserved but more importantly needed bone.

do any other game franchises do this? have any previous COD games done it? is it a "patch" that could happen after the release of the game?

do any other game franchises do this? have any previous COD games done it? is it a "patch" that could happen after the release of the game?

They have them for pc games a lot. Black ops 2 has them for pc. Off of the top of my head Mag had dedicated servers but I can't think of anymore (i'm sure there are).

As for whether it could be a patch I doubt it. I'm talking out of my ass right now though as my nerdiness ends with me complaining about it and not knowing exactly how they can pull it off. What can I say I'm American! :devil: It is possible though and for the biggest game launch yearly almost a necessity. Googling black ops 2 servers brings up a ton of links with discussion about the poor quality of servers.

I started with the series with Modern Warfare 2 and this will be the first one since then that I don't get. I don't know, it just doesn't appeal to me too much right now. It seems like you need to have a ton of friends online in order to make these games any fun. I'll connect with my brother at times, which was always entertaining, but our schedules don't mesh too well.

Unless I suddenly find some new free time, I wouldn't have any chance to really play this one anyway. I'm still trying to finish up Borderlands 2 on the PS3, but playing that once every two weeks isn't too efficient.

I dont think you need to know people online to make the game fun...I like going on and killing strangers : )

I always wound up running into organized groups of 4-5 teenagers. If I did manage to find a game without a long list of matching clan tags, it did wind up being much better. It seems like the longer the game is out though, the more likely you are to run into those groups.

MW3 got pretty bad with the crazy camping at the end. Running into rooms where the entire other team is in a "clan" is ok. Sometimes it is more fun when the clan sucks.

Getting BO2 today. Didn't like BO1 but my "clan" is getting it so I will follow. Keeping MW3 just in case.

Played more zombies today. Coming from a person that absolutely loved zombies in BO, zombies in BO2 is the most disappointing aspect of this game. The stock maps that come with the game suck. They are small, the lava all over the place is annoying as well as the fog on the farm, weapons I find are SEVERELY underpowered and limited. You have to hope to get the ray gun early in the mystery box or you just burn through ammo like at around round 10-11. It gets stale fast.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever