Graham had to have run the wrong route...

Dragonborn10

Never should have thrown that ball. Jones was open inside the 5. Worst case, he steps out and you go from there w/ 16 or so seconds left.

I said this very thing in another thread. Gailey getting cute (again) by calling a play to a little used rookie and Fitz' lack of field vision ultimately led to this loss. CJ, Fred, Chandler, Stevie, Jones and you call a play to Graham with the game on the line. Gailey "out-dumbed" himself (again), Fitz came up small (again), and the Cheatriots* walked away with a win over the Bills (again). Another Buffa-low.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 years into the Fitzaster we're blaming the QB for throwing late and over the middle when the game is on the line.

Spiller and Jones both look wide open on that play.

True it may be that David Nelson post patter, Fitz was expecting.

BUT its 2nd down with time to play and that isn't Nelson he is on IR it is a rookie WR and the end zone is flooded with Pats.

It was another horrible decision to ice the game for the opponent.

There is a preponderance of evidence that Fitz can't win ball games. He is a loser.

So why do we design the most important play of the game to go to Graham when he has a history of bad reads? All I saw was three Pats and Graham. Sure looks like Fitz threw to a spot and Graham was not there . Kind of a dangerolus call in the middle of the field.

I am upset that we played that entire last series with Spiller lined up wide and with an empty backfield. That alignment takes away the threat of a draw, a screen, or outlet pass to Spiller isolated on a LB.

Spiller can score from anywhere in the field but he has to have the ball.

Edited by Bob in STL

So why do we design the most important play of the game to go to Graham when he has a history of bad reads? All I saw was three Pats and Graham. Sure looks like Fitz threw to a spot and Graham was not there . Kind of a dangerolus call in the middle of the field.

I am upset that we played that entire last series with Spiller lined up wide and with an empty backfield. That alignment takes away the threat of a draw, a screen, or outlet pass to Spiller isolated on a LB.

Spiller can score from anywhere in the field but he has to have the ball.

The call was mind boggling i know. But even in an empty set w/ spiller out wide they could run a bubble screen or something. I dont really mind the formation. Spiller was open on that last play as was SJ. But Fitz was vapor locked on TJ and misfired (wrong route depth be damned).

Bills WR T.J. Graham took the blame for the interception that ended Buffalo’s chance at victory Sunday against the Patriots.

“That was a rookie mistake,” said Graham. “I was supposed to cross his face in the front. It was a good pass. If I went across his face, I probably would have made a play, so I take the blame for that one. That was my mistake. It might be why I don’t get on the field much. I can’t make those mistakes.”

Bills WR T.J. Graham took the blame for the interception that ended Buffalo’s chance at victory Sunday against the Patriots.

“That was a rookie mistake,” said Graham. “I was supposed to cross his face in the front. It was a good pass. If I went across his face, I probably would have made a play, so I take the blame for that one. That was my mistake. It might be why I don’t get on the field much. I can’t make those mistakes.”

Might be. But the onus is on the veteran QB, not the the rookie 3rd round WR, to make a better read.

I have one thing to say here. Crying about the play call "into the end zone" is ridiculous. There were 4 more routes underneath that were run. How long will some of you guys watch football and still not understand what the hell is going on. Fitz chose to throw it to the wrong guy in that situation when the money throws were underneath with enough time on the clock to take at least one shot into the end zone at close range. Wow! Chan calls the play, Fitz makes his reads, then decides where to throw it. If he throws it where he shouldn't or is inaccurate, then that is on Fitz.

Might be. But the onus is on the veteran QB, not the the rookie 3rd round WR, to make a better read.

So you"re saying that it doesn't matter which route the receiver runs, why call any plays then? Just let everybody run around and leave it to the QB to make the right "read".

I have one thing to say here. Crying about the play call "into the end zone" is ridiculous. There were 4 more routes underneath that were run. How long will some of you guys watch football and still not understand what the hell is going on. Fitz chose to throw it to the wrong guy in that situation when the money throws were underneath with enough time on the clock to take at least one shot into the end zone at close range. Wow! Chan calls the play, Fitz makes his reads, then decides where to throw it. If he throws it where he shouldn't or is inaccurate, then that is on Fitz.

So you"re saying that it doesn't matter which route the receiver runs, why call any plays then? Just let everybody run around and leave it to the QB to make the right "read".

Thanks for teaching me about football.

^^^ This. It's a timing route. Its the NFL, QB throws to a spot that the WR is supposed to be. The blame is 100% on TJ, Fitz threw it where he was SUPPOSED to be.

Edited by Ba Ba Ba Buffalo Bills

Well yeah man. It's a different story if there is 5 seconds left and you have to go to the end zone. But there was time to spare and Fitz completely looked off two open guys underneath. I know TJ ran the wrong depth but the vet throwing the ball has to see the coverage, even if he only has a split second before releasing the ball to recognize it. It was a bad play call and Gailey and TJ deserve blame as well, but I can't let Fitz completely off the hook; he's done this before.

Well yeah man. It's a different story if there is 5 seconds left and you have to go to the end zone. But there was time to spare and Fitz completely looked off two open guys underneath. I know TJ ran the wrong depth but the vet throwing the ball has to see the coverage, even if he only has a split second before releasing the ball to recognize it. It was a bad play call and Gailey and TJ deserve blame as well, but I can't let Fitz completely off the hook; he's done this before.

Dude come on. How can you say it was a bad play call when 2 guys were open underneath? That is so illogical. What was clearly a timing route to TJ requires a throw to where the receiver will be. If TJ runs the correct route then that makes 3 players who got open with 20 seconds left. TJ's head is not in the game and that play is on him. Hopefully TJ responds positively to this and is able to step his game up. The team needs him to do so as soon as possible. Big boy football requires supreme discipline.

I really don't see how anyone can say that it was such a bad read or decision. The play was called. There are several options before the defense is set and the ball is snapped. If by what the defense was showing meant that the right play was to go to Graham at the goalline in front of the safety that is the right read and right decision and right throw, which looked to me would have been on the money and either a TD or first and goal at the one. You can;t NOT throw to a guy because he has run bad routes before. That was the right decision and throw the way the play developed.