Obama To Insist On Higher Taxes On The Wealthy

That's a model that would seem to work well for the healthy, but I would think at the very least, a person going that route would want to carry catastrophic insurance.

Of course.

It's also a model that works in a wellness-based healthcare approach. My doctor's job is not to just fix me, his job is to keep me healthy.

Of course.

It's also a model that works in a wellness-based healthcare approach. My doctor's job is not to just fix me, his job is to keep me healthy.

If only he could be persuaded to "fix" a few of the people here so that their line would be forever broken.

Are there doctors that presently refuse to take on patients who are on Medicare, because of low reimbursement rates?

Not for our hospital, we're open to anyone, and we're not a public entity. Private practices probably don't see Medicare, but they can't offset losers like internal medicine with what are money makers for us, cx treatment, transplant, surgical... The ACA will hopefully curb the 200 million we do in unreimbused care we have deliver year over year, so the Medicare rate reduction won't phase us much...

Not for our hospital, we're open to anyone, and we're not a public entity. Private practices probably don't see Medicare, but they can't offset losers like internal medicine with what are money makers for us, cx treatment, transplant, surgical... The ACA will hopefully curb the 200 million we do in unreimbused care we have deliver year over year, so the Medicare rate reduction won't phase us much...

You can hope, but things will only get worse. But we can revisit this at a later date.

You can hope, but things will only get worse. But we can revisit this at a later date.

It will be a vast improvement with more people covered and paying their own bills... I am glad to see the cost shifting stopped, people need to cover themselves instead of all of us paying for them. I am pretty confident that in that 4500 page bill, there are key components that will prove essential, on the flip side cutting out the 4200 pages worth of out scope fluff...

It will be a vast improvement with more people covered and paying their own bills... I am glad to see the cost shifting stopped, people need to cover themselves instead of all of us paying for them. I am pretty confident that in that 4500 page bill, there are key components that will prove essential, on the flip side cutting out the 4200 pages worth of out scope fluff...

I don't agree that more people will be covered and/or paying their own bills. And denying payment for Medicare patients who are hospitalized within 30 days is going to kill hospitals.